Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
Never heard of them - I looked up their website though and would have some questions:

It does not appear that any of their 3 Dobermans are titled in anything - it does appear that some training has been done. What has proven their worth as Dobermans that should be bred?

I'm concerned that all 3 of their Dobermans have been bred before the age of 2 - and I see no information about health testing .... of course OFA hip certification can't be done before age 2. What health testing has been done?

It seems that their male is the best stud for both of their bitches.... the chances that that is true is slim to none - IMHO.

To me it *looks* like they bought 3 Euro Dobermans and are looking to cash in on them by doing a lot of breeding. I'll bet they are charging a pretty penny for puppies without really putting much into it. JMHO

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
My thoughts as I go through their website.

-They claim to have "top of the line" dogs but none of the dogs seem to be titled. How can one claim to have top of the line dogs if the dogs aren't proven?

-No health testing is an IMMEDIATE turn-away for me. This breed is way to unhealthy to be breeding dogs who haven't been health tested. Plus, not health testing means that the breeder either has no idea what they are doing or has no concern for the future puppies or puppy buyers.

Usually I can write more but there is just not that much information on their site. As Fitzmar said (because I now realize that I"ve repeated everything she said) they look to me like you're typical BYB who purchased one male and two females and is breeding them for puppies with not much of a clue as to what they are doing. They are not a breeder that I would ever consider buying from.

Have you looked at the DPCA breeder referral list for breeders in your area?

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
The fact they state this on their website would have me running for the hills:
^^^OP, that's because that's either a blantant lie from them, or they don't know any better, and believe it's true.

Either way, this is a breeder not giving out accurate information on even the most fundamental things--not someone whose judgement I'd trust, or want to buy a puppy from.

There are significant health issues, both sides of the pond--and temperament varies widely, both sides of the pond, and anyone who tells you any different is, well...tryin' to sell ya somethin' :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Regal dobermans

Anybody have any feedback on Regal Dobermans in N.J.
We purchased a pupppy from their first litter from Nitro and Hailee born on 1/20/2012. He is stunning! He goes to obedience school and has done very well. He stands out compared to the other dobes in class. We did not neuter him so he reached full height. We have had NO health issues at all. His ears were cropped prior to our adoption and are done VERY well. A friend of ours adopted a female fom the same litter. She is smaller at about 65 # compared to our boy at 90#. She has had no issues either and her ears are up and lokking great! I would not hesitate to buy from them again and tell anyone looking for a dobie to check them out. If you go on their facebook page you can see my dog at age one as well as some of the other littermates. I hope this helps.

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
We purchased a pupppy from their first litter from Nitro and Hailee born on 1/20/2012. He is stunning! He goes to obedience school and has done very well. He stands out compared to the other dobes in class. We did not neuter him so he reached full height. We have had NO health issues at all. His ears were cropped prior to our adoption and are done VERY well. A friend of ours adopted a female fom the same litter. She is smaller at about 65 # compared to our boy at 90#. She has had no issues either and her ears are up and lokking great! I would not hesitate to buy from them again and tell anyone looking for a dobie to check them out. If you go on their facebook page you can see my dog at age one as well as some of the other littermates. I hope this helps.
Ummm, no, not really.

By the way, not neutering him had nothing to do with him "reaching full height". Quite the opposite actually, because neutering before the growth plates close can make a dog a bit longer-legged. Also, he's only a year old, which is too young for a lot of the health issues in the breed crop up.

Stick around, and be open to learning. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ummm, no, not really.

By the way, not neutering him had nothing to do with him "reaching full height". Quite the opposite actually, because neutering before the growth plates close can make a dog a bit longer-legged. Also, he's only a year old, which is too young for a lot of the health issues in the breed crop up.

Stick around, and be open to learning. :)
Crap, I didn't know this. Is this why Huck is so tall?

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Just curious, as i know nothing about this breeder. Is he stunning, in the sense that he will wow the judges at a show? Or is he "stunning", like most of us think our dogs are... Since you have first hand experience with them, can you tell us about any titles on the parents? And what health testing was done on them? Thanks!

·
Guardian
1,384 Posts
Bold, mine.

You did not adopt these dogs. You bought them. There is a very fine line here. You gave a GREEDER regardless of how pretty their dogs are, money and purchased a dog. If a breeder states that they want you to adopt a pup from their upcoming litters, they are full of BS and have no idea what they are doing.

Also, females are supposed to be smaller thatn males. Because you neutered early, as stated above, he is probably taller adding more weight. 90 lbs still isn't over standard.

The fact that the greeder hasn't titled their dogs is a HUGE red flag.

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
Crap, I didn't know this. Is this why Huck is so tall?

Huck is probably just a big boy. The difference usually isn't very much, just a matter of fractions. It's just that a lot of people think that neutering them "stunts' their growth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bold, mine.

You did not adopt these dogs. You bought them. There is a very fine line here. You gave a GREEDER regardless of how pretty their dogs are, money and purchased a dog. If a breeder states that they want you to adopt a pup from their upcoming litters, they are full of BS and have no idea what they are doing.

Also, females are supposed to be smaller thatn males. Because you neutered early, as stated above, he is probably taller adding more weight. 90 lbs still isn't over standard.

The fact that the greeder hasn't titled their dogs is a HUGE red flag.
Wow!! Forgive ME for giving an honest answer on a dog I purchased for a pet. The hubris on this thread
is amazing. You are breeding dogs, not doing brain surgery! Yes I am an just a doberman lover,not a hoity toity snotty breeder. My dobie is perfect for my family and that is all that matters to me. Please remove me from your database. Thank You!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Wow!! Forgive ME for giving an honest answer on a dog I purchased for a pet. The hubris on this thread
is amazing. You are breeding dogs, not doing brain surgery! Yes I am an just a doberman lover,not a hoity toity snotty breeder. My dobie is perfect for my family and that is all that matters to me. Please remove me from your database. Thank You!
Most of us aren't breeders but, like you, are doberman lovers.
Many of us strive to learn more about the breed every day, you should too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most of us aren't breeders but, like you, are doberman lovers.
Many of us strive to learn more about the breed every day, you should too!
That is exactly what I was doing and ran into the nastiest group of people. I was reading the threads and saw the Regal Doberman question. You know there is no need to be nasty to anyone,. If you genuinely want to protect the breed and educate, try being nice about it. Perhaps you all should go play witht your dogs and try to be happy. I hear they are re- making Dog Show the movie, looks like these folks Should audition. :roflmao:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hubris? Maybe. But don't you ever accuse me of being a breeder, even my SO is a lesbian!

·
Guardian
1,384 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with my response.

In all honesty, you should have SEEN the responses I got in my first few posts on this forum. Sure they weren't the nicest but I was taught A LOT by the members here, gained friends and knowledge. This is my first doberman and this forum has helped a great deal.

It is all in good education of the breed. You can still get a pet quality dog from a REPUTABLE breeder that shows, health tests and titles their breeding stock. It is how you weed out the "bad seeds" and breed for the good of the breed itself... not to just place two random dogs together for a quick buck and because they want to sew the seeds of their dogs because "they are so great, affectionate and good looking".

I urge you to join in and utilize this forum in it's entirety to further your knowledge of the breed.

Also I am not planning on breeding... as I am not a breeder...

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
There is nothing nasty about pointing out that you used an inaccurate term, i.e. the word "adopting" to describe a purchase.

Your misuse of the word "adoption" was--doubtless unintentionally on your part--nasty to all the many rescuers here on this board, to hear about yet another purchase from an irresponsible breeder described as an "adoption."

Most of us stay broke, trying to get dogs who landed in shelters or on the streets, or even in dumpsters--yes, that all happens to purebred Dobermans--healthy and happy again, and ready to be adopted.

You're operating here under a ton of false assumptions, but hey, if you never bother to ask or learn better, I guess you'll save yourself the embarrassment of knowing how silly you sound.

Reactions: KevinK and Sinister
1 - 20 of 25 Posts