Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a happy and tired 5 month old puppy after a nice, long 4th of July walk. :) He even got a new collar for the occasion.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

· Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! :D Yep, he's becoming quite the big guy!

and he likes stogies ;)

· Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's cool, BIB - I like the Hamilton nylon collars. They are designed so the strap takes the strain and not the buckle, and they are well-made. I love the flag print one and I might just leave it on even after the 4th is over, just because it looks so good on him :)

Taking Ziris to the fireworks is a great idea for socialization! Red has ignored all the fireworks and explosions that we've been hearing for the last couple days so far, so I think he'll be pretty good with sounds like that. And we're taking him up north for some camping, boating, and some firing target practice, so that'll be good for him too. Socialization is fun for everyone!

· Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey there red looks great! He looks like a big boy too, whats his weight?

I really liked his old collar btw(if I had a red boy I'd put that gold color on him), just thought it was unique but I love this one too!
He's 52.2 lbs as of yesterday. It's getting harder and harder for me to pick him up and weigh him at home!

I really liked his gold collar too but it was getting kinda dingy. I tried to find that same gold collar in a bigger size, but the I can't find it anywhere. :( It's not often the internet fails me, lol

· Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats too bad, do you remember where you got it? or the patriotic one.
Well the breeder sent him home in the gold collar but he's starting to outgrow it now. I ordered the flag one through a distributor at my work but they don't carry the gold color - only a bright lemon yellow color :( I've emailed Hamilton themselves to see if I can get the gold collar directly through them. LOL all the trouble I go through for this dog, I guess I'm being a little anal about the collar, haha

Is is getting so big! It is too hot to walk here - or actually do much of anything outside. Hopefully we will get a break soon!!!! I think it was supose to be 115. Anything over 110 is just hot, but that's what you get for living in the desert. Love the collar - he's a keeper :)
Wow that's hot! No it just wouldn't be good to walk in that heat. Not only for the dog but for you too. Running through the sprinkler, now THERE'S an idea! :D

· Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
it got to the point that it would say Err several times, and then I couldn't hold him up any longer!
HAHA! That's the same exact thing mine does! LOL

There's a vet close to my house that has a scale in the waiting room, so sometimes if we're walking that way, I'll just pop in and weigh him. Though I've found that their scale weighs 2 to 5 lbs lighter than mine, so I'm not sure if theirs is calibrated correctly...

· Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Petey's still got some growing to do - I wouldn't worry if I were you, Carol. Maybe he'll have one of those days when you wake up in the morning and think, "OMG he got taller overnight!" I find myself thinking that a lot, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.