Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a happy and tired 5 month old puppy after a nice, long 4th of July walk. :) He even got a new collar for the occasion.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! :D Yep, he's becoming quite the big guy!

and he likes stogies ;)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Oh.........I meant to add...........we have that very same collar :) Maybe I will put it on Ziris tonight. I am taking her to the fireworks. Not because I want to see them........but because I am curious to see how she will act, and it will be great socialization for her :)

Good Choice for the 4th :)

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's cool, BIB - I like the Hamilton nylon collars. They are designed so the strap takes the strain and not the buckle, and they are well-made. I love the flag print one and I might just leave it on even after the 4th is over, just because it looks so good on him :)

Taking Ziris to the fireworks is a great idea for socialization! Red has ignored all the fireworks and explosions that we've been hearing for the last couple days so far, so I think he'll be pretty good with sounds like that. And we're taking him up north for some camping, boating, and some firing target practice, so that'll be good for him too. Socialization is fun for everyone!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Hey there red looks great! He looks like a big boy too, whats his weight?

I really liked his old collar btw(if I had a red boy I'd put that gold color on him), just thought it was unique but I love this one too!
They are designed so the strap takes the strain and not the buckle, and they are well-made.
Thats good, cuz that is the main reason I dont buy those plastic clip-buckled ones I feel the other kind takes the strain better and lasts longer. Strike has actually had the same collar the entire 5 years we've had him but its about time fora new one! lol.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Red's probably trying to say "Hey, can one of you with the opposable thumbs give me a light over here".

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Awww he is so handsome! Love the collar! I think me and Duch are going up to see fireworks too. :) They go unnoticed to her...which is surprising cause she is pretty sensitive. lol.

HAPPY 4th of JULY to you too!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
My he's a handsome red boy - not too much puppy left in him!

Java got a new collar for the 4th as well. Was in Old Navy picking up shorts for son and came across two - one dark cocoa with robin's egg blue flowers, the other navy w/ red trim and tiny white stars that look like white polka dots from a distance. The best part is that they are a part of the ON summer sale - so I picked up both for $6.12(!!!).

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey there red looks great! He looks like a big boy too, whats his weight?

I really liked his old collar btw(if I had a red boy I'd put that gold color on him), just thought it was unique but I love this one too!
He's 52.2 lbs as of yesterday. It's getting harder and harder for me to pick him up and weigh him at home!

I really liked his gold collar too but it was getting kinda dingy. I tried to find that same gold collar in a bigger size, but the I can't find it anywhere. :( It's not often the internet fails me, lol

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
He's 52.2 lbs as of yesterday. It's getting harder and harder for me to pick him up and weigh him at home!

I really liked his gold collar too but it was getting kinda dingy. I tried to find that same gold collar in a bigger size, but the I can't find it anywhere. It's not often the internet fails me, lol
Wow that is big!

Thats too bad, do you remember where you got it? or the patriotic one.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Is is getting so big! It is too hot to walk here - or actually do much of anything outside. Hopefully we will get a break soon!!!! I think it was supose to be 115. Anything over 110 is just hot, but that's what you get for living in the desert. Love the collar - he's a keeper :)

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats too bad, do you remember where you got it? or the patriotic one.
Well the breeder sent him home in the gold collar but he's starting to outgrow it now. I ordered the flag one through a distributor at my work but they don't carry the gold color - only a bright lemon yellow color :( I've emailed Hamilton themselves to see if I can get the gold collar directly through them. LOL all the trouble I go through for this dog, I guess I'm being a little anal about the collar, haha

Is is getting so big! It is too hot to walk here - or actually do much of anything outside. Hopefully we will get a break soon!!!! I think it was supose to be 115. Anything over 110 is just hot, but that's what you get for living in the desert. Love the collar - he's a keeper :)
Wow that's hot! No it just wouldn't be good to walk in that heat. Not only for the dog but for you too. Running through the sprinkler, now THERE'S an idea! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Your little boy is pretty darn cute lol.. I like red dobes just as much as black ones.. which is why it was so hard for me to decide when i was gettin my pup.

And he has a very nice, shinyyyy coat. very lustrous.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts