AWD Clear
Was a breeding dog
Looking for retirement home
No kids no pets large yard

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,926 Posts
Are you expecting any money to change hands? Because if so, that is not accepted on this forum, per rule 9 in our etiquette statement:

"You will not post any messages that pertain to advertising/selling dogs or puppies (or any other live animal), or advertising/seeking any breeding services such as a stud dog or breeding your bitch. DT does not act as a medium to facilitate breedings, and all such type of threads will be deleted.”

·
Super Moderator
25,926 Posts
She looks to be a pretty girl. And every dog deserves a place where she will be loved for her individual personality--from her nose to the tips of her toes. I do hope you can find a wonderful place for her--a forever home.

You should understand though, why you are getting such a negative response here. Here’s what you’ve told us--you wish to “retire" a dog that you admit was a breeding dog, who has the currently popular label of "European breeding", at the typical age when she would be no longer useful as a breeder, because you are “downsizing”. Perhaps getting rid of some of your no longer productive “stock"?

Your description of your dog and the responses you are giving to questions posed here lead to the suspicion that you have been, or are, operating a business this forum is adamantly against--a breeding facility--a BYB or a puppy mill.

We’d be very glad to hear differently if you’d like to give more details.

Having said all that, we do love dobes (heck, even other dog breeds and mixes :) ) very much. I hope she finds a good home soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This forum is for posting about Dobermans that need a home. Our beautiful dobie needs to live in a house with adequate yard space to run around. The only reason we are looking for a home for her is due to downsizing. This is a positive environment and your assumptions are untrue. I am the owner. Not the breeder. For everyone that has been helpful so far thank you so much!

·
Super Moderator
25,926 Posts
I’m glad to hear more about your dobe and what you want for her. And that my assumptions are untrue.

You might try talking to a dobe rescue group. They have a lot of knowledge about the breed and what a dobe truly needs to be happy. They know what questions to ask prospective new owners to make sure they will be a good fit for the dog. And even if they have no room at the moment to provide a foster home for her until a new owner can be found, they may have more resources or advice about what to look for to help you find a good home for her.

·
Super Moderator
25,926 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add--sometimes, if you got her directly from her breeder, there is a clause in the contract you signed when they sold you the puppy which says that if you have to give up the dog for any reason, you must return it to them. So that’s another thing to be aware of. At any rate, the dog’s breeder may be a good place to go to ask for help in rehoming a dog.

Without knowing how you acquired your dog, what kind of contract and/or relationship you have with her breeder, or if the dog had prior owners before you, it can be hard to give you an idea of what possibilities are out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for your advice! we have already reached out to a group, there was no clause & the breeder will not take her at this time. This forum is an extra resource as it is Doberman specific. If any one else has a potential candidate or interest let us know!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts