Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know what could be causing my red doberman's hair to be changing color? About 5 months ago, she moved to a new home and does stay in the yard more and gets slightly more sunlight than she did at her old home. However, I wouldn't think the slight change in daily sunlight would be substantial enough to cause her coat to change colors like this. She is 10 years old and her diet has not changed.
Please see attached photo.
Thank you,
Justin

Attachments

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know what could be causing my red doberman's hair to be changing color? About 5 months ago, she moved to a new home and does stay in the yard more and gets slightly more sunlight than she did at her old home. However, I wouldn't think the slight change in daily sunlight would be substantial enough to cause her coat to change colors like this. She is 10 years old and her diet has not changed.
Please see attached photo.
Thank you,
Justin
Has her vet seen her? I'd start there but it kind of looks like the stuff you can get with low thyroid levels. I'd ask the vet to actually do a full thyroid test (it has several parts) and is best done by sending a blood sample to Michigan State University's vet school so they can do the full panel. They have been the gold standard for testing for many years.

Good luck for checking it out.

dobebug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts