Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have noticed over the past few days that Chase has gotten these red type scab bumps on his chest. He is now 6 1/2 months.

Their seems to be about 7-8 of them just on his chest no where else, does anybody have any suggestions??

Im a bit of a worry wart :) that's all

thanks Ryan

·
Registered
76 Posts
red bumps

He could have been bit ,or have you been running in long grass as this cut there skin this time of the year .
wilmitch

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
His chest could also be bumpy/dry from laying on it... I know Storm used to have that problem, that hair is thinner there and laying on the carpet would dry her out and cause bumpies...
Chi has (occasionally) red zit like bumps that pop up on her neck, legs and back - the vet tech told me that stridex pads work really well in keeping them clean and drying them out...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

both your suggestions have came up. He has been in long grass the last few days and it has also been dry. Could I possible just put ointment on the spots??

thanks again
Ryan

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Sure but be sure and call your Vet first and check. I have used Neosproen on my dogs with the Vet's ok! and it has helped.. Plus may anti itch creams. good luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is he itching at them? My dog has allergies and gets staph/bacterial infections on his stomach, inner thighs, and armpits and they start out looking like bites. Small little scabby bumps that turn into raw nasty rashes as he itches and bites at them more. We're currently trying to get him stable so he'll stop getting infections. Allergies suck to deal with! :\

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The scabs look like they have dried over a bit , so I am going to keep an eye on them. I put some anti-bacterial cream on them and it seemed to work.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts