Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've fallen for the doberman breed and was wondering who everyone here loves and uses and recommends as a breeder in/around southern California. I'd love to talk to any of the breeders that use the forum that are around me too, either in a P.M. or on this thread. I've researched and e-mailed breeders before, and looked at the list of recommended breeders that so many people link to. I don't plan on getting my own doberman soon - a 2014 litter is my earliest that I plan to get my first one. A friend of my is getting a pup this month and knowing how much I love the breed, is going to let me be around so I'll have some experience when I get my own and so I can see her working him in Schutzhund as I absolutely love watching it. I have a husky right now that I'm training and learning from, I plan to do agility as a hobby with him since he loves running and jumping so much, so I won't be entirely new to the breed or training of them.

I'm looking for European lines, I love their look far more, and everything I've researched about European vs. American made me more sure that I want a European dog. I'm not really decided on the male/female yet, though leaning female, but that isn't really a concern for a couple of years anyways. I'd prefer a working dog though, and am really interested in training in the french ring over schutzhund because I like all of the elements in it, and like I'd prefer to work a dog with those elements over the three main elements that go into Schutzhund (don't get me wrong, I still love the sport just feel the French Ring is more what I'd love.)

Anyways, I feel like I'm getting off topic. So really what I'm looking for would be a breeder who has European line working dogs near to/in southern California (I would like to be able to visit the dogs and kennel multiple times, and with anyone further than southern California I don't think I would be as comfortable purchasing a dog from them.)
I'll spend up to $2,500 on a pup, I just want to be sure the dog would be worth it and that I'd be getting a healthy, happy, working pup.

I've got my eye on a couple of breeders right now and would love to hear what you all have to say about them. Please, post everything you have on these breeders or from them. I'd love to hear from anyone that got any dogs from southern Californian breeders, including pictures.

So far I'm looking at Montwood Dobermans, Immortal Dobes, and Adlercrest.

I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone, especially the breeders that frequent the forum!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Vom Landgraf, Aldercrest, Von Luka, and Incredible are all located in California and all breed the type of dog you are describing. Both Von Luka and Incredible visit the forum.

Reactions: mangujowa

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, hopefully they'll stop by here if not it'll contact them. What's the difference between European lines and west European lines? I've only heard of European and american dobes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts