Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We use baby gates in our house to have separate areas for the cats to relax and be safe. Both dogs are incredibly respectful of gates. Neither have ever tried to push the gate or go over it. You can actually lean a regular "pressure" type gate against the wall and they will stay on the other side. In fact, I've leaned one up with a gap between the wall and the gate, and they will not try to squeeze through.

I'd like to find a sturdy, free standing gate so I can move it more easily and so that I don't have little marks on my walls. Any recommendations? I'm not worried about the dogs pushing it over, and even if they did it wouldn't be the end of the world if they went upstairs. Just want something that looks nicer and stands up on it's own. Even better if it's not terribly expensive (under $100, maybe?)

Thanks for any recommendations you guys have!

·
Registered
731 Posts
It may not be ideal, but I actually use an x-pen for this. Then I can always use the x-pen for other things when I need it. I am currently using one to keep Pula away from the kitchen bay window when I am not home (so she is not barking at the goings on out front).

·
Registered
3,791 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have a baby gate that locks ................it's called Safety 1st from Babies R Us store...it was maybe 20-30 dollars. I've had it 4 years to seperate my office with my birds and my doberman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts