Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really post much but I just wanted to share that my girl just turned 2 a few days ago and I can't believe how fast time has flown. We are working with a personal trainer and she has improved so much. I am always blown away by how smart she is, and the training is more for me hahaha.
Our girl is still our little monster, stubborn, a big diva, loves to give us major side eye. But she is also a huge cuddle bug, when I'm upset she physically forces her head under my arm and licks my face, and is super silly. All the heartache and frustration during her puppy stage has been so worth it.
We celebrated by getting her some more squeaky toys and healthy dog treats.

Waiting almost 2 years to get her from a reputable breeder was so worth it. I got to meet her "other" breeder recently in person and got to see my girl's line. It was such a great experience and I am always checking in every few months with her breeders and I'm glad to have a relationship with them. Thank you moderators because of the years of doing research I went with one of your recommendations.

Now that our girl has turned 2 my s/o and I are considering getting another one. I think I have a doberman problem hahaha. We think since we will still need to wait hopefully we will have some time for our girl to "mature" a bit more.

Attaching pictures of the birthday girl some puppy and some recent ones.

Attachments

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,689 Posts
Happy birthday sweet girl!!

I love the pic of her sleeping!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Happy Happy Birthday!

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Premium Member
8,563 Posts
Happy Birthday….great PICs.
Enjoy your time with her as you have worked so hard I am sure…..
This is such a great age to really have some fun with her.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,014 Posts
Happy Birthday!

I like to wait about 3 years between puppies...it gives me a chance to get the first one nicely trained and all settled down before the new puppy arrives.

For one things, puppies are a lot of work. Sometimes if the older dog still has some behavior issues, they can show up again because you aren't giving them the attention they need. And puppies take their cues from the older dogs around them. They learn good habits from them--but pick up the bad stuff too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Happy Birthday!

I like to wait about 3 years between puppies...it gives me a chance to get the first one nicely trained and all settled down before the new puppy arrives.

For one things, puppies are a lot of work. Sometimes if the older dog still has some behavior issues, they can show up again because you aren't giving them the attention they need. And puppies take their cues from the older dogs around them. They learn good habits from them--but pick up the bad stuff too.

Yes puppies are a ton of work, and glad to get someone's opinion on the time before getting another pup. We just assumed it would take another 1.5-2 years before we would be able to get one. We already mentioned it to her breeders our time frame so our girl would be about 4 years. But we also aren't sure if they will continue to breed pups anymore so I am sad that we will need to look for another breeder...so more research and time needed to talk to breeders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, and of course as I am bragging about my girl being so awesome she decides to be cheeky and in front of me uses a stool to grab a bagel off our counter. Haven't seen her do this before, doberman: 1 doberman's human: 0

·
Registered
9 Posts
My girl Savannah just turned 2 as well for her birthday she gets her Queens Tower and we went to the local pub for a pint ( for me ) and then her customary afternoon nap. She needs her sleep so she will be ready to play keep away with my laundry at 10:00.
to play

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts