Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Vetri Science Derma Strength to combat recurrent staph infections? Looking for advice on how to get rid of staph once and for all. Thx

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
That is one I did not try, but pretty much tried everything else, along with numerous courses of antibiotics. Finally, switched my boy to a raw, prey model diet and within days saw a marked difference. Within 2 weeks staph was gone and I have never seen it again since..... and that was 2 years ago. I will never again feed commercial dog food.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, may just give that a try. Feel so sorry for my boy and believe me we have tried everything. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
BTW -- Welcome to DT. Just noticed that you were new here. Please post an introduction and we would love to see pictures of your boy.

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
What are you feeding (everything... food, treats, extras, etc.)? How long have the courses of antibiotics been? Which antibiotic(s) at what dosage(s)? How quickly is the infection recurring after the meds are done?

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Most vets only treat staph for a couple of weeks, when you need to treat for at least a month. If you have treated two or three times for a month, you may be looking at food allergies. Is he licking and chewing at his front feet? That is also a very common sign of food allergies. Common meat protein allergens are chicken and beef, tho a dog can be allergic to anything. Other common allergens are wheat, corn and soy. I really hope it is not a food allergy as they are a pain to work around.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Most vets only treat staph for a couple of weeks, when you need to treat for at least a month. If you have treated two or three times for a month, you may be looking at food allergies. Is he licking and chewing at his front feet? That is also a very common sign of food allergies. Common meat protein allergens are chicken and beef, tho a dog can be allergic to anything. Other common allergens are wheat, corn and soy. I really hope it is not a food allergy as they are a pain to work around.
Linda is right on with this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts