Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been working so hard with Gracie to get her recall perfect. So for the last few weeks she has become as dumb as a box of rocks it seems like. Today was one of her better days so we let her out front with us of course. With out her leash on. No big deal she stays right around the car. Well she seen a cat across the parking lot. (I have a nice size parking lot right next door to me.) So she chased after the cat and we called her back. It took maybe 5 seconds before it registered what we said. She came running right back to us. :D She can be a good girl no matter what I say about her I guess. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Good job Gracie, make sure you carry treats with you at all times, so you can reward her for a job well done too. :) You'd laugh, I have dog treats in my purse, coat pockets etc!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have treats in my purse, coat, and pants pocket. :) Everyone thinks I'm nuts, which is probably true, but I don't really care. Gracie also likes to go through my purse and pick out her treat. :)

Also I went in search for that book today, I couldn't find it any where. So I asked for it, they have to order it for me. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Way to go Gracie! It is so nice when they mind. How old is Gracie? You must be doing a fine job with her.

There was a dog in my pasture and Lyric has a little dog aggression/reactiveness problem. He was at a dead run for that dog. I hollered out from about 200 feet away, "halt!" and then, "down." (Of course my voice was that do or die tone.) He actually did it and waited till I got to him to put the leash on. LOL. Of course, I had treats in my pocket for him.

Speaking of treats in pockets... I went, a little over month ago to Seattle to visit my daughter and son. I borrowed a fleece sweater of hers and stuck my hand in the pocket and there were treats in there from a visit a couple of months earlier. LOL. I guess she never used or washed that fleece. So, not only do I carry treats in my pockets, but put them in everybody elses' pockets too.

Congrats on a job well done!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Way to go Gracie! It is so nice when they mind. How old is Gracie? You must be doing a fine job with her.

There was a dog in my pasture and Lyric has a little dog aggression/reactiveness problem. He was at a dead run for that dog. I hollered out from about 200 feet away, "halt!" and then, "down." (Of course my voice was that do or die tone.) He actually did it and waited till I got to him to put the leash on. LOL. Of course, I had treats in my pocket for him.

Speaking of treats in pockets... I went, a little over month ago to Seattle to visit my daughter and son. I borrowed a fleece sweater of hers and stuck my hand in the pocket and there were treats in there from a visit a couple of months earlier. LOL. I guess she never used or washed that fleece. So, not only do I carry treats in my pockets, but put them in everybody elses' pockets too.

Congrats on a job well done!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Wow way to go Gracie!! Good Girl! I really do not know it my dogs would do that all the time.. Spirit maybe, Raven would be like " OK just a minute, OK " Gypsy would be like " I heard you but I really want too-- But You said what "
Iris would be like "Duh?? What did Mom say and what are we to do?? Are we still playing" LOL

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Thats great......I hope you made a big deal with her about that. If I didn't have the mother load of treats for her, I would be dancing and praising her like crazy, just to reinforce that the party is always with you....Good job....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts