Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What about this recall. I didn't know a company could ignore a recall from the FDA.

FDA News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
P07-20
February 13, 2007
Media Inquiries:
Michael Herndon, 301-827-6242
Consumer Inquiries:
888-INFO-FDA

FDA Warns Consumers Not to Use Wild Kitty Cat Food Due to Salmonella Contamination
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers not to purchase, or use, Wild Kitty Cat Food due to the presence of Salmonella, a pathogen. During routine monitoring activities, FDA collected and analyzed a sample of frozen raw Wild Kitty Cat Food and detected Salmonella in the product. Cats and other pets consuming this food may become infected with Salmonella. People can also become infected with Salmonella if they handle or ingest this cat food, touch pets that consumed the food, or touch any surfaces that came into contact with the food or pets.

The specific products covered by this warning are Wild Kitty Raw All Natural, Frozen Cat Food – Chicken with Clam Recipe, Net Wt. 3.5 oz (100g) and 1 lb in plastic containers. Some of these containers may be uncoded. Raw Duck with Clam Recipe, Net Wt. 3.5 oz (100g) and Net Wt. 16 oz (453.6g); and Raw Tuna with Conch Recipe 3.5 oz (100g) all lot codes.

The Wild Kitty Cat Food is sold nationwide to retail stores and through distributors and internet sales, nationwide. The manufacturer declined to recall this product despite several requests by FDA that it do so.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I always thought that FDA recalls were a federal mandate, not a gentle suggestion....Kind of makes you want to steer clean of all canned foods for pets, doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I didn't think you could refuse a recall either.
whats with all these recalls :( :(:(
It is crazy. I went today to pick up dog food and the lady there was telling me that they were selling out of Canidae like hot cakes. She usually orders and has enough, but today, she sold completely out faster than ever. Hmmm. Think there is a connection?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
it is so sad that pet food companies are so lax on their standards.. like they didn't care about the pet.. just making the all mighty$$$$

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
it is so sad that pet food companies are so lax on their standards.. like they didn't care about the pet.. just making the all mighty$$$$
Same applies in this country,some of these big companies could not give a dam about people or their pets it's all about money,money ,money!!I'm so glad i have made the switch to raw,I control what goes into my dogs.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I was at a dog show yesterday and while strolling through the vendors section, Iams and Nutro both had booths there. They had these big signs trying to give away free food samples. We as you can expect, no one I saw was going to these booths. These folks looked pretty lonely just sitting there with nothing to do. The public has spoken.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have to agree w/ Brum. I am so glad that I'm taking more control over what Java eats. Given the recalls, it's well worth the extra effort.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I always thought that FDA recalls were a federal mandate, not a gentle suggestion....Kind of makes you want to steer clean of all canned foods for pets, doesn't it?
This is a raw food recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts