Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Holy sh***. That poor dog looks terrible...and scared. I wanted to jump through the screen and slap that guy in the face! UGHHH. It makes me sick.

Reactions: Herb2relax

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
You'd be surprised at the number of dogs I have seen entering trials that had a similar level of focus and drive. At least the guy is trying to do something with the dog. More than some people. I admit the dog does not have even a fair expression but I don't think you could necessarily say the dog has been abused or anything. Of course it is not an acceptable level of quality of training in my book...

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'd be surprised at the number of dogs I have seen entering trials that had a similar level of focus and drive. At least the guy is trying to do something with the dog. More than some people. I admit the dog does not have even a fair expression but I don't think you could necessarily say the dog has been abused or anything. Of course it is not an acceptable level of quality of training in my book...
Sorry dont think I am harsh. I should have put the video is from familydobes. I am assuming he is using the video to promote his website. I by no means am any better with my girl.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
I want to take that dog to a vet (or chiro)...his back, and the way he almost falls over into the drop, and the sidewinding on recall ...he does not look comfortable at all! :(

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I wonder if the dog's back is roached like that because he was bred like that; is very nervous (I've seen dogs in shows that roach when they are uncomfortable); or has an old injury. Looks like rubbed skin behind his collar. I wonder if this guy uses a shock collar of some sort.

This video made me sad.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder if the dog's back is roached like that because he was bred like that; is very nervous (I've seen dogs in shows that roach when they are uncomfortable); or has an old injury. Looks like rubbed skin behind his collar. I wonder if this guy uses a shock collar of some sort.

This video made me sad.
I know I have seen some shepherds that are bred with backs like that. But I have never seen a doberman like that. I am curious also.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
I think in the description he listed who the sire and dam of that dog are.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm not really sure what disgusts me the most about this video...the condition of the dog or the handler. I think the dog is what he is...a product of poor, poor breeding. The handler on the other hand just angers me. I can't stand to see people handling dogs that have zero ability to "tune in" to it's body language. Many people should never raise children...many also shouldn't raise dogs. The dog is obviously tired and confused...to me it seems the only point of this video is to show off what these people consider obedience.

Reactions: Herb2relax

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
That dog is jerkily, manically nervous; that isn't a "grin", he's panting from stress. That, and watch his eyes as the man pats him for "reward", and the appeasing licking, and the tongue flicks....

The sidewinding is to stay away from that dude, I think. Though he even "sidewinds" during recall. And why does he require so many leash jerks to lay down or do....anything? That super-loose collar is clearly not his regular one, or he'd have all the hair on his neck still.

Now I'm sad too :(

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Uh......just my opinion here but that dog has what looks like some serious issues with his rear and top line. He ambles like a raccoon. Poor guy doesn't seem to be enjoying his session.
Yes, a stiff back and 'wobbly' gait. You can see in the jog, the dog sifts his weight side to side, kind of like a pacer (horse gait Standardbreds do) this is typical of a lower lumbar or sacroiliac joint pain.

I also noticed his neck is rubbed raw, could be a skin problem, or an irritation to collar use. Poor pup, must be uncomfortable :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts