Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get Diesel a kong chew resistant bed but apparently they don't make them anymore so now I need to find a different bed that can hold up to the shark/goat.

He has a bed now that he sleeps on at night but I can't leave him alone with it because he will eat it. It's just a cheap petco one. I need something pretty durable. Any suggestions would be great :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know a lot of people that are happy with this bed because you can put in in their crate and not worry.
Kuranda Dog Beds - Orthopedic and Chewproof
I have seen a lot of people mention them. They just don't seem very comfy haha I was looking at them for an outside bed though because our patio is concrete and I thought that would work for there so I'm going to keep looking into them :)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I think they have an option where you can add memory foam under the chew proof materiel to make it more comfy. At the doggy day care I worked at we had these and the dogs loved them.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they have an option where you can add memory foam under the chew proof materiel to make it more comfy. At the doggy day care I worked at we had these and the dogs loved them.
I did just see one that looked really comfy. I know I'm lame wanting him to be comfy haha I'm sure he could care less I just feel bad.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I wouldn't (myself) necessarily put a Kuranda inside a crate, due to the risk of a limb getting caught between that and wall of crate, but yes, this is the most durable bed I'd recommend, and dogs do indeed seem to find them comfy.

They are sort of like dog hammocks, if that helps you to visualize it better.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't (myself) necessarily put a Kuranda inside a crate, due to the risk of a limb getting caught between that and wall of crate, but yes, this is the most durable bed I'd recommend, and dogs do indeed seem to find them comfy.

They are sort of like dog hammocks, if that helps you to visualize it better.
That's a really good point. Have you seen the ones made for crates? They seem to be lower but I think could cause the same problem and I'd hate for him to get stuck that would be really bad.

That does help thank you! I saw some really comfy ones so maybe I'll get him one for not in his crate. Just what I need to do spend more money haha

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
That's a really good point. Have you seen the ones made for crates? They seem to be lower but I think could cause the same problem and I'd hate for him to get stuck that would be really bad.

That does help thank you! I saw some really comfy ones so maybe I'll get him one for not in his crate. Just what I need to do spend more money haha

I have indeed seen the ones made for crates--it's just that over the years, my dogs, and my foster dogs, have me trained to suspect the worst possible freak accidents, at all times :roflmao:

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have indeed seen the ones made for crates--it's just that over the years, my dogs, and my foster dogs, have me trained to suspect the worst possible freak accidents, at all times :roflmao:

Your mileage may vary.
oh no! I agree haha When Diesel was a puppy he got his jaw stuck twice on his crate and he wasn't even in it! The second time he ripped a baby tooth out :rolleyesww: but now that he loves his crate I don't worry about that but I can see him getting himself stuck. I'm really glad you pointed that out so thank you.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
the people I know that out them in the crates they bought the really big crates so that the getting stuck thing wouldn't happen. But I think they sell that materiel type of bed without the frame, so that there is just a chew proof bed without the frame to get in the way.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the people I know that out them in the crates they bought the really big crates so that the getting stuck thing wouldn't happen. But I think they sell that materiel type of bed without the frame, so that there is just a chew proof bed without the frame to get in the way.
the same company?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I'll try and dig it up for ya tomorrow(unless someone links it before then for me :)), but there is a rather pricey bed but its made of Bite suit material...i think there is at least one person here for sure that has one and loved it. :)

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I don't know as I would use anything for a known dobergoat when confined.

If you are after a dog bed cover that works under supervision, LLBean is the best I have found.

I have a therapeutic bed here with original denim cover that is over 6 years old. Both dogs fight to lay on it.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Orvis!!! They have lots of great, DURABLE beds. Also a tough chew bed of that's what you are looking for, but their regular beds are super sturdy and durable as well. 100% warranty if you are not satisfied. I have bed very pleased with then and their beds. Had to return one because my dog didn't like it, no questions asked I was able to return it and get money back or choose a new bed (which I did and have been happy with the new one) they have customer reviews on most beds and ppl are very honest.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
If your Dobe is in a crate while you are gone I used a bed that you tie down to the bottom of the crate I used a wire crate.Buddy could not pick up to chew on it worked great. it was made out of that chew proof type like nylon. You can find it here Cushionguy.com - High Performance Chew Resistant Dog Beds and Chew Proof Crate Pads. my dobe Buddy has a kuranda bed and still has the bed from the cushionguy Buddy turned 6 years old this last April. He has not used a crate since he was about 2 years old I just put the cushionguy bed on top of the kuranda bed with a fleece topper in my bedroom. The kuranda bed was on the patio the first two years now in my bedroom.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts