Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 month old euro dobie has been having super red eyes for a while now and sometimes her 3rd eyelid covers a lot of her eyes. We have a vet appointment at the end of the week but when we previously took her they just said use drops which we did and nothing has changed. She doesn’t seem irritated but they look very sore. She gets white gunk in them in the morning (not green). Could be conjunctivitis or could be something worse. Appreciate your thoughts!
Head Dog Eye Carnivore Dog breed
Dog Carnivore Working animal Liver Dog breed
Brown Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal
Head Dog Eye Carnivore Dog breed

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Could she have scratched a cornea? Years ago, I had a Boxer run afoul of a neighborhood cat and his cornea had a tiny scratch that caused all manner of irritation. Antibiotic drops didn’t help but then, we got prescribed numbing drops that lubricated and numbed which seemed to help.

I would hope a vet professional would rule out a scratched cornea or ulcer. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,446 Posts
Yes, if she still has those very red eyes and inflamed looking third eyelid I'd want to get her to a vet ophthalmologist to see what is actually going on. I doubt it is something as simple as a corneal abrasion because whatever is going on it's happening in both eyes.

Delaying a definitely diagnosis can sometimes end up with what ever is going on adversely affection vision even to the point of blindness.

dobebug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts