Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband decided to have our house s leveled seemed to be sinking in the kitchen. The stupid house is about 84 years old we have lived here about 35 years hubby has done very little in the way of maintenance on the house. I go out police the back yard to cut down anyone stepping in dog poo so I know nothing is in the yard. I take the Furkids out on flex lines for a potty break while they are still working in the back yard its where the crawl space is.Of course Patches the Dachshund and Buddy the Dobe are too busy watching the workers to go potty. I did notice Buddy interested in something on the ground I yell no leave it I take the dogs into the house go out with paper towels and a plastic bag there is a pile of what looks like chicken wings and white hot dog pieces. I pick it up throw it away.I go in the house tell hubby to tell the men not to be throwing food down on the ground. It was not close to where they were working it was on the other side of our shed next to the fence next door but no one lives there have not for a couple of days.Hubby tells me they the workers did not do it it most likely was already out there. Not there because I already picked up the yard.That made me mad but since they are not done and we still have to pay them the last amount I thought it was best if I keep my mouth shut since I'm not a nice person when it comes to my dogs.
One of the workers brings his dog to work keeps it in his van with the windows half way down. It was about 86 degrees on Tuesday he had no water for the dog so I give him water in a bowl and two dog cookies.He takes the dog out of the van several times during the day lets it run up and down in peoples front yards he is not the type of guy that picks up after his dog either. They are suppose to be done tomorrow guess I will continue to bite my tongue.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Oh that's frustrating! We had some work done on our last house (roof replaced) and I couldn't believe how sloppy the workers were. They left trash and food laying around everywhere. Finally after picking up the 949,385 gatorade bottle out of my yard, I lost it on them. Definitely say something when they are done. It's your home and they need to be more respectful.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
When they are done being the key words ... Also if they are contracted by a company, be sure to let the parent company know how displeased you are with the workmen they sent out to do the work, they may not be called back if they have had other complaints against them.
When you hire people to work on your house, in any capacity, they are there to basically make you happy, and part of that is to respect your property and to be respectful to you. If they have not done that it is your right to complain. Be sure to exercise that right and exercise it strongly if necessary. Too many people in this world have the train of thought that you need them more than they need you and this is not the case, without you they would not have a job and you need to let them know that so they will be more respectful at the next house they work on.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
When they are done being the key words ... Also if they are contracted by a company, be sure to let the parent company know how displeased you are with the workmen they sent out to do the work, they may not be called back if they have had other complaints against them.
This this this!! Hubby is a contractor and if any of his employees did anything of the sort you mentioned and he found out, he'd be IRATE with them!! It's irresponsible and RUDE.

Reactions: Patches Mom

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
My beef isn't with workmen but the local hunters who come around my house shooting anything that moves. For one thing my Dobe pup barks at them so what do they do? They throw stones at him through the fence. I have lost count at how many times I have shouted at them for it, along with standing just a couple of metres from the fence and goading him into a reaction.
When I tried to speak to them they just thought it was a hoot, yet they would scream and shout and probably call the police if my Dobe was to ever get out.
Some people really take the biscuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts