Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from picking out my new pup. First time dobe owner. Breeder gave me a pedigree chart for the mom and pops of my new pup, six generations worth. Starting around three generations back, the moms side is riddled with abreviations like schh1, schh2, schh3, IntCh., NedCh., Schh3FHIPO3, and so on.
All of the names are foreign as well, and most of them have a "V" between the dogs names. For example: IntCh. Ali v Langenhorst, SChh3FH, or
Feus V Nymphenburg, SChh3FHIPO3. I am pretty sure these are some sort of accomplishments in training, and the breeder was trying to explain this to me, but I didn't really absorbe all of it. Can anyone tell me what the heck this stuff means or know where i can go to read something that will help me interpret this. Doesen't really matter, the puppies were all great looking and healthy, and the parents were great looking. Just kind of curious.
THANKS

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
blackcrowe said:
Just got back from picking out my new pup. First time dobe owner. Breeder gave me a pedigree chart for the mom and pops of my new pup, six generations worth. Starting around three generations back, the moms side is riddled with abreviations like schh1, schh2, schh3, IntCh., NedCh., Schh3FHIPO3, and so on.
All of the names are foreign as well, and most of them have a "V" between the dogs names. For example: IntCh. Ali v Langenhorst, SChh3FH, or
Feus V Nymphenburg, SChh3FHIPO3. I am pretty sure these are some sort of accomplishments in training, and the breeder was trying to explain this to me, but I didn't really absorbe all of it. Can anyone tell me what the heck this stuff means or know where i can go to read something that will help me interpret this. Doesen't really matter, the puppies were all great looking and healthy, and the parents were great looking. Just kind of curious.
THANKS
I'll do my best to fill in what little I know :)
"schh" = shutzhund (a protection training sport) The numbers after indicate the levels accomplished
IntCh = International Champion
NedCh = Am assuming Netherlands Champion
I'm pretty sure the "V" is an abbreviation for Von which means "from" in German.

Tell us more about the new baby. Male or female? Black or Red? What led you to Dobermans?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the answers. Sounds like he may have some quality in his background. Netherlands Champion would make some sense. after many of the dogs name it says (amsterdam),(holland), and(Germany)
The dog i picked out today is a red male. Main thing that led me do getting a doberman was the desire to have a larger dog, and a highly trainable dog. I had shelties growing up and they were a real treat to be around all the time because they were so smart. Got married two years ago, bought my first house a year ago, and immediately started trying to pick out the right breed for me and my wife. Narrowed it down to a German shep., or doberman. Doberman just has a look that commands respect. Not respect from fear, but when i look an adult dobie in the eyes, it's like he's trying to read my mind. Still am a huge fan of the german sheps. though. Also wanted a dog that was short haired. Just hope he doesn't drive my wifes two cats crazy. She loves dogs but has never had one. She is pretty nervous that the dog will force her cats into exile under the bed instead of them sleeping next to her head on her pillow. One on each side. I'm really excited. Can't wait to get him in about four more weeks.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
TracyJo said:
I'll do my best to fill in what little I know :)
"schh" = shutzhund (a protection training sport) The numbers after indicate the levels accomplished
IntCh = International Champion
NedCh = Am assuming Netherlands Champion
I'm pretty sure the "V" is an abbreviation for Von which means "from" in German.
Schutzhund has three aspects-protection, tracking and obedience.

IPO titles are very similiar to Schutzhund titles. FH is an advanced tracking title.

A general rule of thumb is conformation titles appear in front of a dog's name, performance titles after a dog's name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts