Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Discussion Over White Doberman Photos

This thread has been made to specifically address the discussions within the following thread: http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-related-chat/60049-reason-join-dpca-ablino-rescue-top-20-obedience-controversy.html

I was the photographer who took the candid images of Sprite and Karen at the 2011 National. I would like to know if any of these photographs have appeared on any other sites by way of upload as opposed to the Facebook share function?

In absence of a model release form from the subject in the photo, I would not be within my legal rights to distribute the photographs commercially. However, their being featured in a Facebook gallery does not constitute commercial distribution.

That being said, I have deleted the gallery in attempt to avoid any further controversy.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I'm sorry you had to delete the photos. They were marvelous photos of a great team, and I am sorry you got caught up in this controversy that shouldn't even exist.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
The whole thing just makes me shake my head - they were invited, the dog is a fixed rescue, I bow to anyone with any Doberman that can compete at that level - to me that is all it is about. The dogs color status just is not important to me. I really don't think that there will suddenly be more albinos because of one dog! It would have been totally different if the dog was going to be used to breed more albinos or if the owner were an albino breeder or something.

I just think the level of paranoia among some DPCA members is astounding! I'm a breeder, and so NOT threatened by one albnio at the national.... I mean really it isn't world domination or something - LOL! Maybe my attitude is different than some other breeders since I've been exposed to plenty of albinos in my local rescue and really don't think of them much differently than any other poorly bred Doberman that ends up in rescue.

I've stayed out of the fray - the only stuff I'm willing to post on the DPCA list is stuff for my local club.... which IMHO is what that list should be for - not a few peoples soapbox.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
You take beautiful pictures. I'm jealous you got to watch dogs competing at that level. Must have been something amazing to see

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I am very sorry you were dragged into this.
I started the other thread and mentioned the facebook photos.
They were exceptional shots that I thought captured a moment.
I feel horrible that they caused you any stress.

The only place I ever saw those photos was on facebook via the share function.

There is link to a photobucket photo in that other thread - but it is not one of the photos I was referring to.

Sorry.........

Sue L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts