Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG. I just opened my order from Hare Today gone Tommorrow. The first box was great....opened it and put everything in the freezer. Opened the second box, and I think they sent me the wrong order. It is FULL (or the whole top layer......) of WHOLE RABBITS. Frozen Bunnys! Eyes, Ears, Fur.......the whole thing. They were just staring at me! I dont know what to do. I CANNOT bring myself to re-open the box and see what is underneath. But I DONT want it defrosting in my house. I was doing SO good with the raw thing......(I HATE handling meat) but was making it work........ Moral Support??????? PLEASE?????????

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm sorry but ROTFLMAO. That mental picture was just too funny. I think you need to freeze what they sent you, then inquire about sending it back unless you like the whole prey idea. What was in the first box?

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucagirl, the box is still in my kitchen closed with a toaster and coffee maker sitting on top so that it cant come open, I cant even open the box, much less take them out and freeze them. I dont know what to do. I am seriously going to have nightmares about this. I wish I didnt have a weak stomach. I am very much a "suck it up and do it" kind of person..........but this is just WAY to much for me.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh shoot I forgot, how about a neighbor?

Her husband is in Iraq also. He is the one who had to come and get the snake out of my garage last summer when I FLIPPED OUT. It was hiding under my garbage can. She is as bad as me though. My other neighbor just moved in 2 days ago. They JUST finished building their house. Can you imagine me trying to explain why I have dead bunnies in my kitchen in a box?

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My yard guy is here now. I am going to ask him to come inside and look in the box and see if it is ALL dead bunnies and if there is an invoice in there. I dont know what good it will do me....but at least I will have the info to give the company.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Well I would put it in trash bag and throw it away, call the company explain what happened and re-order.... I dunno what else you can do since it is bothering you, and you don't want it to just sit there an defrost...ACK

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
My other neighbor just moved in 2 days ago. They JUST finished building their house. Can you imagine me trying to explain why I have dead bunnies in my kitchen in a box?
I'm sorry...but I'm helpless with laughter here about trying to make that kind of explanation to someone you don't really know.

This is the way I look at it...you didn't order it, don't have to pay for it, and so...I'd find some dumpster somewhere FAR away from where you live, and pitch them.

Or maybe there's a zoo or wildlife refuge somewhere near you that could make use of a bunch of dead bunnies?

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
BIB....toss them out in the backyard and see what the kids do with them!!! Sorry I couldn't help myself!

Carol ox

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.....it has been confirmed. It is a 50lb box of dead bunnies, cow tounge, 2 packages of beef hearts, chicken feet, and more and more bunnies. I seriously dont know what to do with this stuff. The lady at Hare Today was VERY nice, and is going to ship my stuff on Monday. She said to just keep all of this stuff and she is very sorry. I just tried calling the Zoo, no luck. They are gone for the day I guess. Holy Crap I think I am going to have to load these into my car and dump them somewhere.........OMG the things I get myself into. This would not happen to anyone but me.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
EEEEKS!!! lol I thought you meant "HaIr today gone tomorrow!" like the cosmetic thing or wax lol. I got very confused when you started talking about dead bunnies lol...

lol here I am thinking your ordering some wax for your legs or something and BOY did you get the wrong order! haha.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Call a pet store and see if they could use them. I wouldn't want to throw them away. Can anybody put them in the freezer until you can find somebody that can take them?

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
OMG the things I get myself into. This would not happen to anyone but me.

LOL, it's the kind of thing that happens to me, too. And you're not alone, BIB. Like I said, I have no moral problems with feeding my dogs rabbits or most of anything else, as long as it's been butchered and is in nice little roasts or filets, wrapped in plastic.

But I have a real phobia about touching dead animals that are recognizable as animals..so I'd be seriously freaked out if I'd opened up a box and found that, too-and there's NO way i'd be picking any of them up!

Don't you know any other raw feeders that would take the stuff? If not, I'd dump it.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Holy crap! I'd freak out too if I got a 50lb box of dead bunnies! It is kinda funny to read this though - sorry. Does anyone close by you feed raw? Maybe you could give it to them? Just an idea. Will the whole box fit in the freezer? I'd just shove it in there and try to find someone sympathetic to help. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
OMG Amanda..........I will admit I did chuckle reading thru this thread, but I feel for you........I really do.

It is not a freaking out thing for me necessarily, gross maybe, but lord all mighty I could hear my kids wailing now! When my oldest was 5 a young deer ran into the side of our car on the highway, and that boy screamed that I had killed bambi, he didn't talk to me for 2 days!

That was some mistake they made........imagine the person who got your order and was disappointed, heheheheheh

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
My other neighbor just moved in 2 days ago. They JUST finished building their house. Can you imagine me trying to explain why I have dead bunnies in my kitchen in a box?
Oh c'mon! A perfect way to meet the new neighbor! :wavey: You will be instant friends.:biggthump

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Amanda - Sorry you got scared, but please don't throw it away... it is such good and expensive food. Kim feeds whole furry rabbits, talk to her - take a leap, go out on a limb, or send it to me!!! If nothing else, feed what you can (tongue is very good). You lucky girl!
Check on Yahoo raw feeding if theres someone near you who wants it if you just can't feed it yourself. Have fun...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts