Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered the pet food store that I get Lucan's Canidae from has a freezer full of raw bones (lamb and beef and all quite large). Is he too young for these? He's 15 weeks. I bought one of the lamb bones for $2 but I haven't given it to him yet. How long do they last in the freezer?

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I just discovered the pet food store that I get Lucan's Canidae from has a freezer full of raw bones (lamb and beef and all quite large). Is he too young for these? He's 15 weeks. I bought one of the lamb bones for $2 but I haven't given it to him yet. How long do they last in the freezer?

Razzle enjoyed beef knucklebones from the day I got her at 14 weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
I've been giving them to Petey since the day I got him, 10 weeks old. I buy tons and keep them in the freezer for months.

Carol

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
How long do they last in the freezer?
Don't know exactly, but dogs don't care if it's freezer burnt. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Razzle enjoyed beef knucklebones from the day I got her at 14 weeks.

Ditto with Jasmine.

Lucan is not to young, and I find if they are well wrapped they will keep about 2-3 months in the freezer.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
You would see very young wild pups eating bone,you have a pup that has exactly the same genes as the wild version only it's domesticated.
See Mischa enjoying the last bit of the mailman!!!!

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Drago loves his beef knuckle bones; a major chew man too - no flimsy stuffed squeak toys for the Dragonman. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I gave him the lamb bone in the backyard and I don't think I've ever seen him so happy. Two hours of solid chewing! I'm sure he was thinking, hey this sure beats that Nylabone I usually get. I don't think he can coordinate his paws as well as Mischa, Brumwolf but I'm sure that will come! I love the name on the packaging "Urban Carnivore". I guess that 's what he is :biggthump

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Just be careful not overfeed bone as it will constipate him,you have to balance the amount of bone to meat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts