Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning DF
I have my 6 yr old female currently at the vet since 11pm last nite to try and figure out what is going on... we took her to another ER vet last nite around 7 but when we got there the eye movements had stopped and he said she is stable we had them take xrays and we paid for those and left. He wanted to do give her meds that would effect her brain and didnt want to do blooldwork so we ran out of there .. Finally got ahold of my vet last nite around 10 when the eye movements came back along with walking like she is tipsy.... they have her on anti nausea meds with ivs for fluids and they said she is doing well. He white blood cells were elevated and she had a temp... they are going to feed her and then check her liver functions then wait 2 hrs and check it again to see how her liver is functioning.... she is on proin, fish oil and chrondriton (spelling) Has anyone every experienced this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they might have mentioned that last nite not sure though since I couldnt hear thru my tears I will look up this information Thanks !

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Ear infection ruled out yet?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they were treating her for Vestibuler Syndrome she has been on antibiotics since Sunday nite she finally ate a full cup of food this am according the to vets and she has no after effects tilted head or tipsy walk. We can pick her up today and she is going home with 2 different antibiotics .. Thanks for listening and all your advice....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and well wishes.... Denali seems like her very spoiled self again. Im still nervous when she and Jager start to play hard.... She wouldnt eat her dog food the first day but I added some cooked chicken breast to it and now she eats no problem.. Ive had to add some to Jagers bowl too and the cats.... I dont care Ive got all my babies happy and healthy.. Denali goes back on the 24th for a followup and a manipedi... The first ER we took her to the vet was so old he reminded us of rip van winkle and couldnt manipulate the xrays on the laptop that one just one of the many reasons we got out of there... Scary to think she couldnt be here today if we had stayed there... Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts