Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not one for creating threads just to rant but man does this have me grinding my teeth.

I was on the AKC site looking something up when I noticed they have a 'breeder classified' section. So decided to type in my zip code and BAM a breeder shows up with both sire and dam as Z FACTORED! 13 pups recently born. Never heard of the breeder listed but cheese and rice, AKC. Help us out a little! I know, fat chance....

End of rant.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to tear my eyes out when I look at Mijnschatje's site.

Rant all you want. Mijnschatje dobermans and all their white puppymill glory is located within an hour and a half from my home town. On their website, one picture caption says, "Don't you just love her color?"
:vomit-smi:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow!
That's alot of dogs in one house! Alot of dobermans.
With all of those dobermans I'd think they'd have a good vet that could crop ears well. Most all of their dogs ears look different. Most of them the ears look different on the same dog! All those "quality breeder awards" on their site; A quality breeder should be concerned with having their pups having a quality well done crop. (Of course that's only one of MANY things that differs a quality breeder from them). After all it's their reputation as a breeder on the line. Obviously it appears they don't care.
Guess they leave it to the puppy buyer to find a vet to crop.

And yes I know, they said some were rescues. But most all of them had poor quality cropping that is not symmetrical and doesn't fit the dobes face. :confused: And I have a feeling that most of their "rescues" are their sold puppies that just didn't work in their new homes.

I think she needs to do more research. I don't understand how people breed poor quality dogs for greed when there are healthier dogs being put to sleep everyday for lack of homes. Makes me want to hit their head on a wall....

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
"Quality Breeder Site Award 2011 Five Star" lol wtf. :ranting2:

Ugly crops too....
Dang, I just redid my website. I need to create some of these fancy schmancy awards to give myself!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Alas if they are so into breeding bad examples of Dobes I doubt spelling and grammar are going to help them. Besides, do you really want to help them improve their site??????

·
Registered
44 Posts
..Wow, color aside, croppings aside, that is a /lot/ of dobermans in one household. I read through all the grammar and spelling errors, and found bits about how her dogs fight! Of course they fight, putting that many in such a small enclosure, but the irony is, she seems to think this is an okay situation, stating that all dogs fight, its their nature, and their 'Sasha's' bite is worse then her bark. In all of those pictures, I kept wanting to see ones displaying the puncture marks and ripped flesh that must come about from this natural process of cramming 11+ dobermans into one tiny household.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Before I posted this thread yesterday, I sent the breeder an email asking some questions about their 'breeding' program. Haven't heard back yet and I won't hold my breath. They don't have a website.

·
Registered
118 Posts
what an ugly A#$ group of dogs....... not to to mention someone needs a posting lesson. Hope my dogs ears dont turn out like those. I think we need to add that link to the "pockets" and ugly posting result section.

at bottom of her page:
"With all due respect for the Doberman Pinscher Club of America (DPCA) I am well aware of their position regarding "white"/"albino" 'z' factored Dobermans,and As responsible breeder and 'dog-lover' I have decided to own and breed the white. Tho I myself am breeding for the Cream color. The Cream Dobermans do have pigment in there coat. Myself and fellow breeders have found them to be the 5th color of Doberman not 'albino' every bit the loving"Doberman" as the other colors (black, red, fawn &blue). We have not encountered the issues presented by the Club members.I believe the buyer should decide for their self. As does the DPCA have a right to their opinions, to a potential buyer with questions regarding white dobermans, or Cream Dobermans please review the opinions of the DPCA or feel free to ask me or any of the Quality Cream/ White Breeders about there experiences with the Cream/White Dobermans. "

LOL!!! And this was found on the AKC site??

never seen someone so happy to destroy a beautiful breed litter by litter. health testing etc. aside, hopefully someone with some sense can see the difference in these dogs and a well bred dog.

·
Registered
907 Posts
If your a doberman lover of all the colors, Red, Black, Blue, Silver Blue, Fawn, Cream/White, White Solid Black welcome. The White's are not a true Albino.That is scientific fact. If you don't like the Cream/White, White then this site is not for you. And you can keep your opinions to yourselves about them as beauty is in the eye of the Beholder. And God does not make mistakes in creating life. We love them and raise them and don't care what anyone else thinks about them. And there are thousands out there that love them. You have no right to judge them. God is the only one that has the right to judge be it animal or man.

ARGHHH this is the argument that gets my goat every time!! Using the racism/God defense to propogate poor breeding practices. I can't even begin to speak about it... grrr.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Alas if they are so into breeding bad examples of Dobes I doubt spelling and grammar are going to help them. Besides, do you really want to help them improve their site??????
BINGO! Hopefully most intelligent people out there will bypass them for being ignorant! I'm not a wonderful speller but I cringe at the grammar and really bad errors..... there is this thing called spell check - USE IT!!

"white" Dobermans are not total albino's but ARE a partial albino ... and have some of the same issues. I've seen white/albino Dobes squinting in the sun and I've seen some bad temperaments. White in Dobermans is NOT a color ... it is a lack of color. I don't know why the ignorant people who breed them can't get that through their thick skulls!!

Google albino and you will find websites that show how albinos don't all have red eyes - blue eyes in Dobermans is a lack of color - not a color.

Gaaaaa.... makes me nuts!

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Oh, I'm not hoping their spelling and grammar help them promote their site, I think its appalling what they are doing, the fact they cant spell or write properly makes it even more evident how ignorant they are, and to think there is scientific fact that white dobermans aren't albino? Id like to see that evidence? Ive seen more pointing to the opposite. I also caught the comment about Sasha's bite being worse than her bark, isnt the saying supposed to be the bark is worse than the bite?? I think the AKC seriously needs to re-evaluate who it chooses to promote, or I may lose my faith in them if this is the example of breeders it lets onto their site.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts