Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, all!
I hope everyone is enjoying a low-key weekend, doing just what you love most.

It is cold here (relatively speaking) at 30F but we are enjoying it by taking our longest walk at the warmest time of day. Yesterday we enjoyed walking through the American University campus where Beau hopped up on anything he could find, including the snow-covered picnic tables. He really does love to climb on things indoors or out leading me to believe Dobermans may have cat somewhere in their genealog. I mean standard feet are supposed to be cat-like!😁

Anyway, yesterday when the below photo was snapped, two guys walked by having a conversation and I heard one say to other, “ sorry, I am listening but that has to be the most photogenic dog ever.” Certainly nice to hear, but I thought to myself “he hasn’t been on DT and seen ALL the good looking Dobes!”. This afternoon one of Beau’s instagram followers remarked that this photo would make a good magazine cover….so, since I would rather screw around than work on Board business (I was supposed to review the exterior report we just received from the structural engineers), that’s what I did!
Publication Sleeve Organism Poster Carnivore

Also, we made a trip to our new vet yesterday because Beau’s right eye was a bit crusty yesterday morning. They able to get us in (my flexibility didn’t hurt - I told them I could be there in 20 minutes) despite being double-booked. Dr. Weiss was able to do the exam at the car AND after we paid and were ready to leave 3 of the staff came out (masked) just to say hello to Beau and tell me how much they love having him as a patient! It was such a different experience from the last vet, that I had to share. Glad I made the switch and, frankly, I can be a bit much even when I am being polite so I am sure it was no loss to the other vets to see my ass walk out the door (figuratively).

And here is the spoiled pup being adorable after a long day on Wednesday (our first day back at CD prep class). He worked SO hard that he was struggling to stay awake in the car on the way home. Two new dogs in class, both bitches, was about all he could handle and keep himself together. The other three bitches were with us in the last session so they are old hat by this point. I am surprised there are no more males in class. Beau was one of two last go-round and the only dog this session.

Okay, off to make dinner and drink wine!

·
Big Lil pup
7,537 Posts
That's perfect! I can't wait for the swimsuit edition...

"Tell me, is he going to go for the mag where he can be on the cover au naturel?"

Sheesh Mel... The cover? What kind of skin mags do you read?

Au natural? That would be the CENTERFOLD!!! for crying' out loud.

PlayPup?

John L.
Portland

·
Premium Member
Mocha
5,031 Posts
Love it, very creative!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 7 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,718 Posts
MM, as TN said above, very creative and funny. You inspired me to look for magazine templates so I could make one.
Here's are downloadable PowerPoint templates from Microsoft Office site:

........And here is a preview of another new magazine geared toward Doberman owners!
(Not as sophisticated as the eclectic Dogue mag)

Dog Dog supply Font Carnivore Pet supply

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 7 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,718 Posts

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,411 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts