Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So excited! I've signed up for a Rally Seminar! It is on Thursday evening, and being held at a dog training facility and given by an AKC judge:dancing_b

The lady that runs the facility also does dog OB classes and has ... can you guess..... DOBERMANS! Woohoo! I might take up my classes there from now on. I like my trainer that I've had, but she lets so much time pass between classes, that I want to be in training, just b/c we enjoy it so much. It will take me just as long to get to this new facility, it's just in the opposite direction. I talked to her for a bit on the phone when I made my reservation, and I really liked her, and have gotten a good reference to her also.

I think it is going to be a lot of fun and very educational especially to a beginner in the competitive dog world such as myself, and I get to take Lexus too. And I also think it is a great group to get involved in, as the person who gave me the referral is a dog trainer and shows too (border collies, but hey I don't hold it against her, there simply aren't enough dobermans to go around:jonkel: ).

So everybody cross their paws for me that Lexus doesn't act like an, well to put it nicely, an IDIOT! :help_up_2 She hasn't been getting much work lately.... I'd better do a crash course tomorrow to refresh her! (and me)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Ooooo fun!!!!! Lexus I bet is going to be so excited about getting some work done that she will perform awesome! Good luck!!! and have fun! Thats awesome that there are other dobe owners! you should refer them to the site! (if they seem like good people of course) :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaKari said:
Sounds very exciting and I am sure we won't have to ask for an update as soon as you get back?????? ;)

Ha, I probably won't even waste time putting the car in park or taking the keys out of the ignition:tongue23:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
LOL at least put in park - how much good will it do you to get to the first match if it wrecks after the first seminar????

I'm so excited for you, Jess. I know you've wanted to get more into Rally for so long. I'm sure you and Lex will make a formidable team! Can't wait for stories and pictures!!! :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I think it's a good idea to have trainers that know the dobe,when we started with Tia we went to a training class run by border collie owners but i felt they could only take her so far,so now we stick to our breed club for OB and ringcraft simply bcuz i feel the trainers know our breed much better.
I would say good luck but you do not need it she will be perfect i'm sure!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
when duchess went to the training facility that her breeder owns there was pretty much half Dobermans and half border collies for agility. lol whenever new equiptment came out and they were learning something new all the dobes would take it slow and steadily but then the border collies just always went right for it right away...they don't seem to care if they might fall...but dobes are sniffing it before they get on...and think...is this situation safe? lol then once they try it and get use to it all the dobes always did better than the border collies in the class ;) because they might be slow at first but they learn the obstacles better and to take directions....the BC just RAN crazily wherever almost like if they ran through the obstacle that the owner wanted ...it just happend by chance lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts