Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait! Tonight is the first night of my rally class!! So excitied (hope I don't have the dumb dog!!) Ya know there's a dunce at every class! He he heeh! I love my OB. classes, get to socialize with other people as nutty as me! :punk:

Anybody else do classes for anything?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LCGSDmama said:
Whats rally? I know I've heard it before..

It's obedience, but it's a little looser style that the C.D. trials are. It's pretty new, it's like the in between of the CGC and CD. But it works like getting your dog it's CD does, you need to get qualifying score for three legs (three shows) to title. there are cones on the field and they have instructions for you to follow rather than the judge telling you what to do, don't quote me but I think there are like 20 cones (I'll find out later!)? You can keep competing and get higher levels of rally titles (just like your CD, CDX etc) but the first level is pretty easy, its all on leash you can talk to your dog give physical encouragement (pat your leg, etc), the second level moves to off leash, I think no physical encouragement, and the third you can't talk to them either (no verbal encouragement, you can command them obviously)

Like I said, it's easier than getting your CD, and because I'm totally new to dog competition, I want to get her rally titled and then I will move on to her CD. I guess I'm breaking myself into it too!

Just up your alley, there is a GORGEOUS long haired shepard in my classes, his name is Elliot , I just think that's the cutest and he is such a doll! You'd love him!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a ball guys!! I'm really gonna enjoy it!! The only thing is that it was so darn HOT!! Geez I can't wait till it cools down!! But regardless pf the heat- Lexus was near perfect!! (Just have to work on Mommy)!! I was sooo proud of her!! Of course we had our typical one person that was a dobe-hater, but you always get that, or at least I do in a nearly no dobe area. Can't wait for next week!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey DA- how it end up with two Rally threads, I know I only did it once??? Weird!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Theres always gonna be heaters Jessie! I get them all time... especialy since people think Malachi has WOLF in him! ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm so glad that you had fun!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LCGSDmama said:
Theres always gonna be heaters Jessie! I get them all time... especialy since people think Malachi has WOLF in him! ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm so glad that you had fun!!!!!!!!!

PPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEAAASEEE!! I just love those people, hey have you ever had the "good fortune" to run across the people that just love to point out the types of dogs that their mutts have in them? I could bust a rib laughing ( or trying not to!) For example my in-law
has a mix-breed that looks for all intensive purposes like a shepard/hound cross. Now after I get Lexy (doberman) this dog is now decided to be mostly a ROTWEILLER!! (I just wish you could see it! you'd laugh your head off!) and the other mix breed he has looks like a spitzy cross and at about 28-30 pounds, WELL it's new lineage has been decided is MOSTLY WOLF!!! He he he he ehe he :eek2:

GO FIGURE!!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
actually, thats not quite true. you can speak to your dog in all levels of rally.

novice is done on leash entirely, and you can both talk and do things like clap, tap your legs, etc. you CANNOT touch the dog at all.

in advanced and excellent (the two next levels) you can still talk to your dog. all work is done off leash.

from the AKC regs:
" handlers are permitted to talk, praise, encourage, clap their hands, pat their legs, or use any verbal means of encouragement. Multiple commands and/or signals using one or both arms and hands are allowed; the handler's arms need not be maintained in any particular position at any time. The handler may not touch the dog or make physical corrections. At any time during the performance, loud or harsh commands or intimidating signals will be penalized."

Kim and Bowie's Modern Love, RN, CGC, SND

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doberkim said:
actually, thats not quite true. you can speak to your dog in all levels of rally.

novice is done on leash entirely, and you can both talk and do things like clap, tap your legs, etc. you CANNOT touch the dog at all.

in advanced and excellent (the two next levels) you can still talk to your dog. all work is done off leash.

from the AKC regs:
" handlers are permitted to talk, praise, encourage, clap their hands, pat their legs, or use any verbal means of encouragement. Multiple commands and/or signals using one or both arms and hands are allowed; the handler's arms need not be maintained in any particular position at any time. The handler may not touch the dog or make physical corrections. At any time during the performance, loud or harsh commands or intimidating signals will be penalized."

Kim and Bowie's Modern Love, RN, CGC, SND

Not quite right you mean, and that's why I said "I think"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts