Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is with a heavy heart that i report the the death of Tia's daddy "Korifey iz Zoosfery" pet name Russia he had an accident in 2005 which left him with massive internal injuries and he was lucky to survive that but the legacy on his heart was eventually too much and his owner had to put him to sleep,he came from a very long line of champion Dobermanns and was the reason for me to go into dog showing,he leaves behind a massive legacy as he was very a very prolific stud dog and gave to me one of the loves of my life TIA!!Rest in Peace Rush mate.

·
Premium Member
8,734 Posts
Oh that is sad Brum. How old was he? What happened in 2005?

When a relative of one of your dogs dies, it is always sad :-(

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am very sorry. RIP Russia. What did happen in 2005?

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He was just approaching 6 yrs of age this year.The report of the accident was that he fell off a grassed aircraft hanger,not sure how, but here we have hangers built into hillsides(a legacy of WW2)so you could walk down a hill then suddenly have a sharp drop where the hanger doors are,not sure how it happened but he hurt himself quite bad and by all accounts was lucky to survive that.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
That is awful news brum, I'm really sorry. R.I.P. Russia.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I am very sorry that he has died.

Just curious - you said it was hard on his heart - was it DCM (cardio)? OR was that just figurative?

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what i know so far the damage to his heart was caused by the fall.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
So sorry to hear, rest in peace Russia.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
From what i know so far the damage to his heart was caused by the fall.

Is there anyway to confirm that brum? Because if it was DCM I would want to know, wouldnt you?

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will know more at the next major show,I'm still in shock really and will talk with his owner in time,she probably doesn't need people calling her up just now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts