Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are some of the strange quirks the your doberman has? I'll start.
Spirit, has to have something in his mouth if he is going outside. It doesn't matter what it is. He has pick up a shoe, toy, bone, a piece of paper off the table, a piece of lint from the rug. It has to be something, if he can't find anything he almost panics!
When he goes to lay down for a nap, boy you better not bother him. When they say "let sleeping dogs lay" they must have meant my dog. He has never bitten anyone but he will let out a low growl. We have tried every thing to break him of this and nothing helps. He only does it though when he goes to bed at night. Strange!!??
dobermans Rule!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well king MOANS all the time while he is lying down or if someone moves him while he is lying down. He does a silent bark where he does the motion of a bark, but all yo hear is the flapping of his lips. He also talks to us. If he wants something he will go, "Arghhhhhh" until we pay attention to him. oh yeah, and when he farts, he always looks around the room to see where it came from.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I seriously think I could write a book about Ava's quirkiness and there would be a chapter specifically for farts. :rolleyes:

She has this annoying thing she does if she's sitting or laying next to you sometimes. She'll start to lick your arm, face, leg, ect. then she'll stop but she'll sit there with her tongue stuck to you till you push her away. It kind of reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story" when the little boy got his tongue stuck on the metal pole.

Another quirk that comes to mind is something she does with one of her favorite toys, the biscuit block. Biscuit Block Once it's loaded, she likes to bring it to the top of the stairs and drop it, then runs down after it to eat up the cookies.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Okay since a few people have mentioned farting I must tell Gracie's farting stories. When she grabs a toy she lays her front paws down on the floor and her butt is sticking up in the air. Of course as soon as she goes to lay her butt down she lets one rip every time. It cracks me up. When they really stink she gets up and lays right next to my husband or me. Also when ever she jumps off the bed she also farts ever time. LOL

Gracie has so many little quirks I don't know which ones to write about. I guess one of her main one is when she gets mad at us she runs into the office and slams the door. It drives me nuts because she will start crying because she can't figure out how to get out.

If you ask her if she wants to go outside or go (shhhh..) bye bye she starts spinning in circles and starts clapping her teeth at us. If we don't move fast enough for her she will do a medium growl at us to get us moving faster.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't it funny how our dogs all have strange little things about them that make them special! I guess that is why we love them so much!!
Raven our oldest, when she goes pee she has to turn around and look back at herself.. who knows why
I guess she is thinking, OK I am going pee now, Oh that is where it comes from.
Strange dogs, you got to love them!!
dobermans Rule!

·
Banned
375 Posts
My white dobe seems to think even though he has something to chew on if Tas is chewing on something else he needs that too and will chew on both at the same time... tryiing to break him of it and teach him to be a gentleman isnt working...

her on the other hand she gets jealous if he is on the couch and she isnt.. and just sits there and whines...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Simon loves to play with the grass. He will go outside and take a chunk and just shake his head and it goes flying everywhere. I'm trying to stop him from doing this because I won't have a yard if he keeps it up! He is also a groaner...he groans when he lays down, especially when hes tired. If I tell him to SHHH because he is whining he just groans at me. Sometimes I swear I hear words come out...the other day he groaned MOOOOOMM and something else I can't remember. I'm sure its just a coincidence it sounds like words but I wish I could train him to do it :) He also squeaks his squeaky toy to get my attention....

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Lexus's most embarassing quirk, is that she just loves her momma so much thateven when momma isn't home she has to bring out bits and pieces of clothing, shoes, etc that are mine....now all fine and good till she answers the door to me and a non family member with my bra in her mouth!!! She always goes for the undergarments too!

I don't have the patience to write the book on Lexy farts...... but she sure can clear a room!! Actually that's not true anymore ever since I switched her food, she's almost quit. Halaluya!!!!!!

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
My girl Takira must circle the area she is going to lay down on like 4 times before laying down.:haha: It is like OCD or something.lol

She also loves to hide in my bed under the covers when she doesnt want to do something like go outside. Then I have to walk around the house saying "Wheres Takira...Wheres Takira" like I am looking for her. Just as I walk out of the bedroom acting as if I couldnt find her she starts barking rom under the covers until I come in and uncover her and say "I found you". It is like playing hide and seek with a child.:huepfenju After that she is ready to go out or whatever task she was hiding from.

DA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pyper has a few 'quirks'. One is when she has to poo... the look on her face is almost that of embarrassement and when she wipes her feet she does "Stewart"... (Look what I can do!!).Also if another dog (mainly King) shows interest in something or has something of interest, she thinks it's hers and will do her best to either distract or take away the object (usually a stick or a paper coffee cup).
As for her farts, the flies beat on the window to be let out and my plants all shrivel up!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Like Spirit, Chihiro loves to have something in her mouth. We don't start our walk with anything but by the end of it she's found and then lost all sorts of things. Last night by the time we got out of the parking lot she had found a kids sock (why it was in the parking lot, I have no idea) she dropped it to pick up a plastic spoon a bit more down the road, tried to steal someone's newspaper about a block later... She's a hoot and so proud of herself when she finds something.
She doesn't walk through doorways but she hops. I'm going to start clicking this behavior and try to get it on cue. We joke about changing her name to Bunny :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Simonthebigred said:
Simon loves to play with the grass. He will go outside and take a chunk and just shake his head and it goes flying everywhere. I'm trying to stop him from doing this because I won't have a yard if he keeps it up! He is also a groaner...he groans when he lays down, especially when hes tired. If I tell him to SHHH because he is whining he just groans at me. Sometimes I swear I hear words come out...the other day he groaned MOOOOOMM and something else I can't remember. I'm sure its just a coincidence it sounds like words but I wish I could train him to do it :) He also squeaks his squeaky toy to get my attention....

hahahaha my 10 week old Daisy she groans in her sleep too, and the other day me and my mom swore she said MOOOOM

lol funniest thing ever

also Gunner will take a poop outside and will bark at it for like 30 minutes or till the stink goes away, also you can give him any dog food, or any human food and he'll eat all of it EXCEPT the Peas, i mean he will sometimes go the extra effort to spit them out, wierd lol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess loves to smile big when she is excited
she lets out a very high pitch constant bark (if thats what you would call it) when she chases our other dog in circles around the shed
she always head butts us when she is happy and underestimates the size of her long nose when giving kisses
when she stretches she stretches first with her butt in the air then leans forward to stretch her back legs
she carries socks around
likes to eat the wood chips in the yard
she howls in between barks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts