Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone! It has been forever!! We've had a super busy and eventful past year.
Some of you may remember I started my schooling for my EMT (emergency medical technician). I graduated (yay!) last month and last week wrote my provincial exam which I passed the practicals now just waiting on my written mark. I start a new job on Monday as a medic and have been house hunting!

Picture from one of our practice scenarios (I'm the one with the reddish brown ponytail)

Quinn has been doing fantastic! He seems to have completely mentally recovered from the accident (no more spooking from vehicles). Hes finally
maturing (3.5 years later). We've taken up rollerblading in the summer which he loves! And we still hibernate during the winter months! :p We will be doing Quinn's 2nd holter in the coming months and hope it's like his last.

And for any who remember Oniya (rough collie) she is still with us, she celebrated her 13th birthday last month.

I promise more pictures soon! But here's one from one of our lazy hangout days!

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Congrats on your new career and guiding Quinn in the right direction.
Reading between the lines, sounds like you really deserve it.
Good job, pat yourself on the back and give Quinn a nice love tap on his butt!!!!

Edit: I just read the story about Quinn, he is sure one lucky boy. Lots of Angels looking out for you guys.

Reactions: Sherryh and Quinn_C

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you go to school? I see your in Alberta? I hear it's tough. I finished up my Fire Fighting training and thinking of doing EMT in Alberta.
Hi,

I took my EMT at Keyano College in Fort McMurray...I will likely be taking my fire in the near future as well as we are an intergrated service up here. If you are planning on working as an EMT in Alberta I would recommend taking it in Alberta as we have the highest level of training and scope of practice in Canada.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And apparently I can't count tonight...Oniya turned 14 not 13 this past month.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats on your EMT! I'm an EMT-P down here in the states :) Its a wonderful field to be working in, and I consider myself blessed to be able to do it every time I jump in the rig. Welcome to the brotherhood! (sisterhood? hehe)

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
Nice to see you back... That's good news about our cousin Quinn :)

Reactions: Quinn_C

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
Congrats on getting your EMT. Ship me down that holter when you are done with it. Getting to be that time again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts