Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boarding :)

He actually loves the vets, they baby him there. They have nice boarding facilities. We took a long weekend for a quick trip and Q stayed with his friends. He seemed none the worse for wear, and he actually ate and seemed ok. We've always been hesitant/worried to board him.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I think typically we worry more than the dogs do. That's why I find as a boarder. Every now and then I get a dog who is overly shy/skittish/fearful or didn't have good socialization, but most of the time, dog is playing just fine when owners leave.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
It's always a relief to know your Dobe is happy and being well taken care of while on vacation...so glad Q enjoyed his timeout from the camera! :lol2:

The last time I boarded Moe, he came out to say hello to me and then promptly turned around and headed back to the kennel areas! I knew then he had been well cared for and enjoyed his time there!

Jan

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
So glad this thread didn't turn out to be what I thought it was!!! You're a meany for scaring me, DR! :)

Tali does fine when I'm gone and they have to board/stay somewhere. Fiona does relatively okay - she plays lots and behaves well but she barely eats. I used to worry but now I just chalk it up to that's what she's going to do. She won't even eat a chew treat while I'm gone if I leave her for an hour or so. She ignores it until I get home and then brings it to me to hold for her so she can eat it the second I walk back through the door. I don't always understand her quirks but I've come to expect them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, You're lucky, my Athena used to not eat at all when I left town, not even any bones, chewies, etc... Just like BRW said, she'll save em til I get home, then show em to me and gobble them up... BUT, since I've got my new puppy, if I leave them BOTH at my parents house together, she'll actually eat a little, and they say she's a lot more playful than normal, which is great, however, now if she's alone the seperation anxiety seems to be even worse.... Lucky for her, I ALMOST NEVER go anywhere without them....

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,481 Posts
Fortunately I read fast so I got to the punch line before I had time to worry. :p

My last girl was really tough to keep at a proper weight, but she barely nibbled when she was boarded. Unfortunately at that time we had no choice but to board her if we had to go on a trip. But we always called it her Reducing Spa, and she came home just the right svelte-ness.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dylan did awful being boarded. I've known this kennel all my life, and worked there during the summers in college. It wasn't the facility. He was just so freaked out at us not being there. His coat was terrible, dry and flaky, he lost weight, he paced. They said he ate all of his food, but they also said that they never saw him lie down and rest once. He paced the entire time, and licked a hole in his tail. So I guess we'll be finding a pet/house sitter next time around...

Glad Q did well!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,626 Posts
Wow, you really caught DT member's attention! The joke's on us! :D I know how much an overnight stay at a vet can run, so a three day stay (for medical attention) would be big $$$. Glad Q and you had a nice vacation.

You might have a calling at a tabloid newspaper, creating catchy headlines! Maybe next time you can kick it up a few notches and use "Quincy Abducted By Aliens for 3-Days!" :eek: (that would really get some views!)

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Can DR be dog-housed for this thread?

Even though you scared me, I am thrilled he did so well. It's hard to find a good place to board.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Okay, this boarders on cruelty. LOL
This is the second time, i got suckered into looking at this thread, with my heart dropping.

Reactions: dobermansrule
1 - 20 of 21 Posts