Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,597 Posts
Beautiful pic of Quincy. I use NX2 also. Do you like Lightroom? I think I like the first one better.

Reactions: dobermansrule

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful pic of Quincy. I use NX2 also. Do you like Lightroom? I think I like the first one better.
I don't know yet... I've only been playing with LR today. It seems easy enough. Basically using sliders. NX2 is bit more 'clunky', but I've grown used to it. So we'll see. Thanks

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Q has such intense eyes. Nice shots. I like both effects but possibly the second better. It seems more subtle.

Reactions: dobermansrule

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the saturation of the background in the 2nd one better but his black is more richer in the 1st one.
yeah - you know - I couldn't quite put my finger on it.. but you're right. LR has the slider to make blacks blacker. I fiddled with that on the first one. I kinda like it better.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
yeah - you know - I couldn't quite put my finger on it.. but you're right. LR has the slider to make blacks blacker. I fiddled with that on the first one. I kinda like it better.
Mind sending me the original? I wouldn't mind messing around with it in LR and see what I can come up with. I can just PM it to you if you don't want me to post it here. Not that I'm a pro or anything but I like to play with LR and see what different effects I can get.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quincy Head galore

:) all through LR3 playing around with sliders

_D7K7643_2 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7621 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7614 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7608 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7581 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7577 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7571 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7570 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7567 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7565 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7564 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

_D7K7494_2 by quincyphotos, on Flickr

·
Banned
7,471 Posts

I start with enabling lens profile correction on all photos, then cleaned up his face a little with the spot removal tool, used the adjustment brush on his eyes to brighten them, messed with the clarity, used a couple of user made presets for color enhancements, messed with temperature, saturation, fill light, exposure, vibrance, highlight recovery, luminance, and sharpening!

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I start with enabling lens profile correction on all photos, then cleaned up his face a little with the spot removal tool, used the adjustment brush on his eyes to brighten them, messed with the clarity, used a couple of user made presets for color enhancements, messed with temperature, saturation, fill light, exposure, vibrance, highlight recovery, luminance, and sharpening!
LOL in english please

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
LOL dr! I am self-taught by trial and error...a LOT of experimenting with the different features and read up on basic lightroom features which is how I learned about lens correction. I don't do well with a lot of reading, I'm better with hands on so I just dive right in and see what works and what doesn't. There are user made presets(do a lot of the work for you for enhancements) and I just downloaded a lot of free ones here:
Adobe - Lightroom Develop Presets

1 - 20 of 31 Posts