Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elsa earned her CSAU on Sept 25th!

Here are a couple of photos - my favourite is the one where on the long recall she jumps and twists to get back into basic position/heel! (which she actually did all on her own, without me asking her to LOL).

We are sticking to IGP, but if I reach my goals there, I would love to try for a Brevet with her some day... or maybe even an FR1? The Sky is the limit with my talented girlie!

·
Super Moderator
22,678 Posts
That's awesome! Love the photos.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Such a pretty girl!

Reactions: ECIN and melbrod

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,751 Posts
Cool!

I don't know a heck of a lot about it, but my main question is--Are there any places where the two methods/requirements would actually conflict with each other--something that is done one way in IGP and another way in FR--that would make the training confusing?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool!

I don't know a heck of a lot about it, but my main question is--Are there any places where the two methods/requirements would actually conflict with each other--something that is done one way in IGP and another way in FR--that would make the training confusing?
It's absolutely possible to cross train if you know what you're doing! But you need to know what you're doing and what you're looking for and what's your plan, and you may still have to sacrifice one for the other in some regards.
Good example of conflict - in French ring a pushing bite is preferred, in IGP you want to see a pulling bite. These are fundamentally different behaviours (for a lot of dogs they tend naturally towards one or the other... in Malinois the ring lines will push from puppyhood, and IGP lines they will pull).

In IGP when you do an out you want to see a transition. In French ring, you are timed on how quickly a dog executes a command so the out should be instantaneous and no more than 2 seconds.

So yes the training can conflict with one another.

Reactions: ECIN and melbrod
1 - 6 of 6 Posts