Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The picture question is probably easiest answered by going to the "how to post a picture" sticky thread...(located in the "non dobe related".............and the avatar you can do by selecting "edit avatar" under the links button at the top right of the page, then upload from your computer :)

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Kratty said:
The end concept is always the same no matter what source you are hosting your pictures from, like here at dobermantalk or some other picture sharing site like photobucket. In order to post a picture in a thread you need to have the URL of the picture. Once you have that, you need to include the image tags before and after the the picture URL with no space between them. This will tell the browser that this is an image and it will display the picture. Its going to be like the format I listed in the quote.

Most picture sites, like this one will generate the code automatically for them and all you need to do is copy and paste them in a thread. Over here, you can also use the 'insert image' button on the Advanced screen when replying to a thread too. All you need is the URL of the picture and it will add the image tags automatically.

For adding an Avatar, go to the member options screen or the User's Control panel and then go to Edit Avatar. Your avatar pic needs to be loaded some where to use also. The important thing is that there are size limits for an avatar that are listed in that screen. Mine for example is this "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 120 pixels or 48.8 KB (whichever is smaller)." which may be different for others. Make sure the picture falls into these ranges and it will be accepted. Just paste the picture URL in there and save your changes. If you have problems with this, just let me know and I can help further.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Okay, I inserted th picture with the image tabs, once I found the actual URL address. You can go back and look at what I did by selecting the edit button to look at the edit coding that was used. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the site! glad to have you. are both your dogs dobes? don't worry about the posting of pictures. I still have trouble and have been here a while - but then, I am a complete ninny when it comes to this stuff. Welcome to the forum.

cc

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Incase you are wondering how I found the image location, I went to that URL you post, I right clicked on the image and one of my options was to view image. I selected that and the actual image poped up with the actual location URL in it. I copied that URL and pasted it in the thread and added the image code tabs arouns it like I posted before and there it is. It takes time to get use to these things...Just try to post alot more pictures to get the hang of it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Codysmom said:
Welcome to the site! glad to have you. are both your dogs dobes? don't worry about the posting of pictures. I still have trouble and have been here a while - but then, I am a complete ninny when it comes to this stuff. Welcome to the forum.

cc
We have 2 dobes, 4 Italian Greyhounds, and 1 Chinese Crested

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome. Your baby is darling. Practice sending more pictures. Everyone loves them here . They are very encouraging. Don`t give up on posting pictures. It tookme quite awhile and I still have things to learn. Never give up.:dancing_b

1 - 11 of 11 Posts