Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My breeder is having a reunion of her previous litter from another breeding pair in June, and I have been invited to tag along and ask as many questions as I can of the now owners. This litter is just over 6 months old, and there are 10 of them!
I am super excited for all ther doberpuppy lovin, and for my boyfriend to spend more time with them before our pup comes; he has had far less exposure to the breed than myself.

My question for you all is what questions should I ask these puppies' parents?!
I want to be prepared when I get there, so any suggestions help! Please & Thank you!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
What I'd want to know:
1. Is the breeder a good mentor, easy to reach, easy to get answers from? I understand most breeders hae a full time job AND then raise puppies so I wouldn't expect them to have to call me back in 2 minutes :) but overall, nohw is the communication. How is the support
2. How well did the breeder match the dog with the owner? Is the dog what the breeder thought he/she might be?

What is "another breeding pair? Are these two dogs the breeder owns? Is it going to be a repeat litter? Is it a reputable breeder? Most REPUTABLE breeders look outside their own kennel for the best stud dog for their bitch. Does this breeder have a lot of dogs they are breeding that they own?

Reactions: MeadowCat

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her son has a girl from my baby mama's last litter with Austin; does obedience and what not with her. They bred her with a male from an outside breeder. Her son works a lot and she has a lot of experience and more time, so she raised them in her house.

Those are good suggestions, thank you very much!

These are Brie and Austin (our puppy parents) grandchildren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts