Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true after cropping a doberman ears the ears dont start training to stand up after taking off the stiches? do the stiches stay on her for 2 weeks then start posting them up? My dogs Vet told me this and im not to sure i asked a cousin that knows alot about dogs and he said its right but im still not to sure. can anyone help me out with any info? i just want my pups ears to come out right! :confused: Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:nicejob: thanks guys! I was very worried and wondering if that was the was its done. I was about to get mad at the vett if he was doing them wrong but now that i know im very happy! thanks guys!:thanx:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hey! I'm in the thick of this right now :) We got our puppy, Callie, cropped on 02/20, then had another appointment on the 28th to take the TOP 1/3 of the stitches out, then we have another appointment on 03/06 to take out the rest of the stitches. THEN a week after that we will start posting, if the edges are totally healed.

Have you looked into the recommended ear crop vets on DT? Not all vets that do crops are equal, its like art. Making the drive to one that does a good job is SO WORTH IT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts