Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering how much everyones dobies weight and how old they are?

Mine Trinity is 17 months old and weight between 65 and 70

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Lexy is 18 months (in 3 days actually!) and right about 67 - 68 lbs. She 25 1/2 inches at the shoulder also, if that helps.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm horrible when it comesto hieght. The reason I asked the question which I just saw I forgot to tell everyone is because I am trying to figure out what the average weight is for trinity's age group but I also figured I would get it for every other age as well. Right now my mother and I are switching trinitys dog food because she has been losing alot of hair and even almost bold on some spots and she has been throwing up alot. I guess now thinking about it the should be in doberman health. Ooops.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
What is Trinity eating right now? Has she seen a vet about maybe having allergies or a skin afliction causing her to lose her hair?

If you want to measure her, measure to the top of her shoulder (withers). Sorry for the repeat if you already know that........

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the vet says its not an allerige its probably her food and I don't blame her I found out that my mother had been buying and feeding Trinity Ol'Roy. LOL The last time my mother had a dog was when i was 5 so she thought that food is food and its cheap. I have talked my mother into feeding Trinity pedigree large breed which we will bw getting on friday probably.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
EEEK! I am by no means a dog food expert, but from what I've learned on here from others more experienced than me, pedigree isn't really a choice food. Better than Ol'Roy without a doubt. But I'll tell you Lexus had a fabulaous reaction to CHicken SOup for the DOg lover's Soul. It doesn't contain any corn at all, which isn't good for our dogs. It is loaded with much more meat, fish, poulty, veggies, etc then most I've seen that have more additives and fillers, which do our dogs no good at all. I'm switching Lexy over to raw now, but when I changed her from Purina One Large Breed to chicken soup, she had really bad dandruff and was itchy alot, alot of "gas" to say the least. That all went away. Her coat is now sleek and shiny no dry patches, no more itching, and smaller stools. I didn't do any supplements, just switched food.

Some others on here recommended some other foods that are supposed to be great also, that was just my personal experience with my change over. Before you buy the pedigree, just check the label on the side, and see how high corn rates on the ingredients....and see how many ingredients are in there that you can't even pronounce.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trinitys been on it before and I have looked for the chicken soup one but I can't find it around here. That is the one I would like to put her on but we are also looking at price.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Ohh, I had to go to petstores to get it, walmart and giant eagle unfortunetely don't carry it.... It ranged only about a dollar or two more than the purina one large breed for me.

Well best of luck with Trinity.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only petstore that are near me are petsmart and petco and I use to work for petsmart and I will never buy food there again because they have so much food returned because the food is infested same for squrrial feed. Petco doesn't have much of a choice either. I heard that feed stores have good quliaty dog food but I can't for the life of me find a feed store which is kind of funny because there are cows and horses that live here.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Alex will be 8 on 9/11 and is 75lbs and 27 1/2 inches. Roxy is 10 and 95lbs, a Rott within a Dobie, LOL. Suzy will be 5 mo on 9/19 and she is close to 40lbs.

Prettydobie, have you tried Nutro lamb & rice? I switched 7 yrs ago after they had flaky skin and were shedding a lot. It all stopped once I switched. I buy 40lb bags. Some places will give you a free bag after you buy 10.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what trintiy was on as a puppy and she had a sudden lose of appitie when i put her on that so I'm kind of afraid to put her back on that.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forever to know the types of dog food Trinity has been on was nutro, pedigree, Ol'Roy, and science diet. LOL Not in that order

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Prettydobie said:
The only petstore that are near me are petsmart and petco and I use to work for petsmart and I will never buy food there again because they have so much food returned because the food is infested same for squrrial feed. Petco doesn't have much of a choice either. I heard that feed stores have good quliaty dog food but I can't for the life of me find a feed store which is kind of funny because there are cows and horses that live here.

Infested with what? I buy from Pet supplies Plus, I've gotten food just a few times from Pet Smart, if we were in the area as it is a little ways away from us. Never had any problems though, but as I said, I only bought there a few times.

I checked out the Pedigree when I was at the store (I just got home) and the primary ingredient in it is corn. Possibly she had other factors bothering her as a pup that caused her to go off her Nutro. It was next to impossible to get Lexy to eat as a pup, even with the ground beef and cottage cheese that were mixed in with every meal! I switched foods I think twice, and she'd eat for a while and go back off again. Weirdo!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ava will be 21 months next week, 26 inches tall and she weighs in at 60 pounds. I would like to see her pack on a few extra pounds but she's a calorie burning machine. I wish I had her metabolism. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
Ava will be 21 months next week, 26 inches tall and she weighs in at 60 pounds. I would like to see her pack on a few extra pounds but she's a calorie burning machine. I wish I had her metabolism. :)

Don't we all........... :sadcry:

LOL!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jim I have never heard of that food before. Lexus they were infested with bugs all sorts of bugs and most of them weren't dead. I live in the DFW area.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts