Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember reading somewhere about something to give your dogs to help the urine not kill the grass when they go potty. Does anyone know of anything that can help? My backyard is getting brown spots from them going out.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hmmm, good question. I have no idea? But I'd like to know because once we move into our house. I really wanna have a nice looking lawn LOL.

Only thing I can suggest is take them to the neighbours yard lmao (of course only kidding hehe)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an article from someone that says Apple cider vinegar. One tablespoon in their drinking water daily and no more brown spots. It is good for alot of other things as well. I even take it myself. (not for lawn issues LOL)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Luvs, that is a very good idea ROFL!

Red Girl I do know that apple cider vinegar is good for lots that ail ya, so I will do some research on that and consider it, that would be simple enough and most likely very healthy for them. And cheap too! Thanks

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
They also sell grass saver at pet stores. I don't know how well it works and what is in it. It is tablets that you give them daily to neutralize their urine I think. But the apple cider vinegar would be cheaper.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I have never heard of the ACV thing, but I am gonna look it up as well. DaKari Dr's Foster and Smith sells tablets and treats that are supposed to do the trick, havent tried them with my monsters yet.

·
Extraordimary
4,969 Posts
I have no interest in putting some chemical into my dog so that my grass is green. :-( I can always grow more grass.

The best thing you can do is water the spots immediately and dilute the urine.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well vinegar wouldn't be a chemical would it? My dad drinks a little vinegar everyday and it is suppose to really help with things, suppose to be good for ya, the blood etc but it does taste nasty, if it is good for a human wouldn't it possibly be good for a dog? I wouldn't want them to have anything that would hurt them at all. I want to give them something to help them, never to hurt them.

·
Extraordimary
4,969 Posts
I've gone through periods of time where I've added apple cider vinegar to my dogs' water, and I've never noticed it make any difference to my lawn. And no, I don't consider apple cider vinegar to be a "chemical". It does supposedly offer some health benefits, none that I've ever been able to really see/prove.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Your best bet...which we've been working on, is getting them to pee in the same area all the time. In the event you catch them peeing somewhere else, pour some water on the spot where they went like Mary suggested. From my experiences so far you need at least a 2 to 1 water to pee ratio for it to have any effect. Also those spots then seem to grow a lot faster and greener than the surrounding grass!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts