Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Michonne's Dad
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michonne had her ears cropped when she was around 8 weeks old, and so far her ears have done really well (she is now 8 months old). We posted like we were supposed to and her right ear looks absolutely perfect! The left ear is almost there, just a little bit more posting to fix the flopping at the tip, other than that her ears are healed and in good condition. Recently, we have been posting her left ear for 3 days on then on the third day we take them down for a few hours to give them some air and to clean it well and then its posted back up again. I was starting to notice a small place on the ear that was starting to scab, we continued to tape but just avoided putting tape on that area. I noticed today that the scab is still there and I was just wondering if there was anything that I could put on the scab to heal it better or should I just postpone posting the ear until the scab is fully healed? Would appreciate some advice! Thanks!

·
Got mutt?
13,774 Posts
If it's just the tip that's a bit soft, have you thought about using breathe rite strips, instead of a full post?

Reactions: Michonnesdad

·
Michonne's Dad
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
posting

If it's just the tip that's a bit soft, have you thought about using breathe rite strips, instead of a full post?
No, I never knew you could use the breathe right strips. It won't affect her in any way? She has sensitive, dry skin just don't want her to end up with a skin rash as well! If I use the breathe right strip to wrap just the top would I still need to use the backer rod to support the ear or no?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts