Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what type of training is this and for what kind of behavior(s) it is used for curtailing?

Hank Week 1 Aggression Training - YouTube

Having trained a leash reactive dog using positive methods, I don't see any similar training methods being employed. My dog was never muzzled, was rewarded for looking at dogs while remaining calm and was never exposed to off leash dogs in class.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
It looks like, perhaps, Hank (the poodle?) there might have dog aggression problems, so they muzzled him and put him on a long line to walk him around with dogs that were ignoring him/savvy about dog body language? Flooding to desensitize, with the muzzle so if he goes batty he won't hurt anybody?

I'm not an expert or a professional. Just my opinions and impressions.

I'm not sure what the purpose of "herding" him at that one point with the tennis ball thrower was, or why it's in that person's hand at all, however.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
It looks like, perhaps, Hank (the poodle?) there might have dog aggression problems, so they muzzled him and put him on a long line to walk him around with dogs that were ignoring him/savvy about dog body language? Flooding to desensitize, with the muzzle so if he goes batty he won't hurt anybody?

I'm not an expert or a professional. Just my opinions and impressions.

I'm not sure what the purpose of "herding" him at that one point with the tennis ball thrower was, or why it's in that person's hand at all, however.
This is what it looks like to me. The part when he used the chuck it at around 21 seconds I believe was b/c the two dogs back there were wrestling. He didnt want him to go that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts