Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack is almost 6 months old. i was wondering when dobes stop growing. jack seems to be not growing as fast as he used to, i think its cause hes on adult food. But was wondering about when dobes get to there full hight.. hes about 23" now and hes kinda looking like my pit/boxer.. he looks like he has stubbie legs and a somewhat broader looking chest. Im just hoping its a growth stage LOL.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I believe they do not stop growing until about 2 years old. Mako slowed down a bit around 6 months, but she did not reach her full size until about 2 years.

·
Registered
880 Posts
That sounds about right, although I think they fill out till they're 2-3 years old. I'm sure that will also depend on the individual dog and their genetics.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My gal was taller when she was seen by vets shortly after 2, but heh she umm filled out a little too much though, so maybe that could have added some height.I would love to hear myself when they stop growing. My Mako is 4 and she is a bit taller than our Panzer and he is 13 months.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
DobiLove said:
Jack is almost 6 months old. i was wondering when dobes stop growing. jack seems to be not growing as fast as he used to, i think its cause hes on adult food. But was wondering about when dobes get to there full hight.. hes about 23" now and hes kinda looking like my pit/boxer.. he looks like he has stubbie legs and a somewhat broader looking chest. Im just hoping its a growth stage LOL.
It really depends on the lines involved..some lines get virtually all their height by 6 months or so, and only beef up after that point. Some lines grow more slowly over a longer period of time.

·
Banned
675 Posts
It depends, as Murreydobe said, there is no hard and fast one way fits all. My first Doberman got taller until he was 18 months old, altho the rate of growth slowed down a lot.

My current Doberman just turned one year and he seemed to stop growing a couple of months ago.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Rommel has slowed down alot, but is it true that if they still have the little knobby part on the front of their leg, they will still gain height?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts