Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girl is currently on
Canidae All life stages/PAWS (CANIDAE® All Natural Holistic Dog Food - All Life Stages dry formula)

as well as getting a whole raw chicken leg and thigh once a day

with springtime fresh factors (Springtime, Inc. | Fresh Factors Chewables for Dogs | Chondroitin for Dogs for Joint, Skin and Coat Health | All Natural Supplements )

and

solid gold seameal (Solid Gold Health Products for Pets - Products ) which has actually made her even shinnier than the chicken already has and darkened her coat to a beautiful deep brown

I plan to also start adding about one or 2 raw eggs a day, with her dry most likely, so my question is this:

Can she have the shell?

My breeder feeds without the shell, but i was just wondering if their was a health reason why, or if it just that they maybe dont like the shell or know what to do with a whole egg lol.

I mean I figure the shell probably has some of its own nutrients, but just wasn't sure if she could safely have it and if it was healthy to let her eat the shell too.

:thanx: in advance.

·
Super Moderator
21,910 Posts
Yes, they can eat the shell. My dogs, however, don't like the shell and eat around it :)

Reactions: Sam1491 and LindaH

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
As long as you are not giving to a growing puppy, causing the calcium phosphorus ratio to go off, you can feed egg shell with the egg.

My Parker also got tired of the shell after a while.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, it will be easier and more worth it to me to give it all to her so yay on it being ok! =D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I feed all raw and eggs are the only thing that will give my dogs the runs. I used to give the egg with shell and it was fun to watch them gently crack it open. Growing dogs should not get more than 1-2 a week.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's fully grown now, 2 in may of this year. We just started today with 1 shell-less this morning and with shell tonight....funniest thing! She basically made my question pointless as it seemed pretty clear she has no intention of eating the shell ever!! Lol, well at least she likes the main part of it aka the white and yolk :rolleyesww:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts