Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Plant Fence Branch Natural landscape Tree

Ok, this is our new fence. I forgot I had taken this picture of the deer on top of the retention basin right behind us. It is 60” or 5’ tall. The height for this particular model was not a special order. The narrow spacing was more custom, but definitely an option. We fenced over 11,000 square feet, and it was not cheap.... but we are really happy with it. We put in two gates - this is the back one which is 6' wide so that a riding mower can fit through no problem. The front double gate is 8' and arched.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,150 Posts
We received our quotes for the 5ft option, we'll decide in a few days after we get over the sticker shock lol
We have a 6' chain link fence. Wanna talk about sticker shock.... we lost our wooden privacy fence to Hurricane Rita. It cost more to put up chain link nine months after the storm than it would have to put up a brand new wooden privacy fence before the storm.

·
Premium Member
11,811 Posts
We signed the contract a few days back, aluminum 5ft one. Wait time is 6-7 weeks.
D1P - One thing we had done with our chain link fence was we had them hold up the bottom about a 1/2 to an inch off the ground - that way I can run the weed eater under the fence to do a nice job of trimming , fence and weed eater string don't work good together ! it don't take much - to high and it will invite YKW to try and dig under it : )))

Can you post up a picture of your fence ?

thanks

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,214 Posts
One and only fence Spock ever jumped a 32" Baby gate!
I made the mortal mistake of playing tug with Eva alone in living room, while Spock was gated out.
Poor boy just couldn't stand to be left out of playtime, especially his favorite game, tug of war... It was worse than torture for him!

My Fave Game, Dad!

We have a 6 ft. wood fence in backyard, which I recently rebuilt front sides w/gates.
After completing one side, made video of first dog test on new fence with neighbors (2) Great Danes and mixed breed.
Names are Pepper (GD) and Ginger, mixed breed. In video clip, I called them Pepper (crazy large female) and Cinnamon.
But I affectionately call them Nutmeg and Ginger Snap now, as a name memory aid...

Great Dane Dog Test on New Fence

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
We signed the contract a few days back, aluminum 5ft one. Wait time is 6-7 weeks.
Not surprised - everything is slow this past year. We waited several months for ours

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think 6 feet is quite enough. Sometimes some owners put the doghouse too close to the wall. Dogs understand this and can use their doghouse as a small step that will reduce the distance between it and the top of the fence. Therefore, these rotating things at the top of the fence are a great option. They will definitely not allow the dog to climb over the fence, even if the dog grabs the fence during the jump. Due to the fact that I put the doghouse too close to the gate, I had to call a professional from Austin Texas Automatic Gate Repair & Installation. - Everlast Gates which would increase the height of the fence and gate to 6 feet. Believe my experience, they will do everything possible to jump out of this cage.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,150 Posts
Reactions: melbrod and dobebug

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
OP here - got an email alert about replies to this thread so thought of leaving some feedback here.

Fence was installed a few months back, one of the gate had a crooked picket and it took them a while to get the replacement in due to covid delays.

Certainly one of the best investment as a dobe owner, we are very happy with the backyard freedom. We don't leave her unsupervised alone there, even though our town/neighborhood is a very safe suburb. No more bunnies in our backyard as she loves chasing them away lol. We have couple of apple trees that are low in growth and she loves making lunges to grab some apples and munch on them, 'leave it' command is ignored easily :)
Dog Plant Fence Grass Land lot

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Tree

21 - 32 of 32 Posts