Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
DC43D1A0-6030-4705-8CBF-7A4D97B280D9.jpeg

Ok, this is our new fence. I forgot I had taken this picture of the deer on top of the retention basin right behind us. It is 60” or 5’ tall. The height for this particular model was not a special order. The narrow spacing was more custom, but definitely an option. We fenced over 11,000 square feet, and it was not cheap.... but we are really happy with it. We put in two gates - this is the back one which is 6' wide so that a riding mower can fit through no problem. The front double gate is 8' and arched.

·
Got mutt?
13,818 Posts
We received our quotes for the 5ft option, we'll decide in a few days after we get over the sticker shock lol
We have a 6' chain link fence. Wanna talk about sticker shock.... we lost our wooden privacy fence to Hurricane Rita. It cost more to put up chain link nine months after the storm than it would have to put up a brand new wooden privacy fence before the storm.

·
Premium Member
10,381 Posts
We signed the contract a few days back, aluminum 5ft one. Wait time is 6-7 weeks.
D1P - One thing we had done with our chain link fence was we had them hold up the bottom about a 1/2 to an inch off the ground - that way I can run the weed eater under the fence to do a nice job of trimming , fence and weed eater string don't work good together ! it don't take much - to high and it will invite YKW to try and dig under it : )))

Can you post up a picture of your fence ?

thanks

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,468 Posts
One and only fence Spock ever jumped a 32" Baby gate!
I made the mortal mistake of playing tug with Eva alone in living room, while Spock was gated out.
Poor boy just couldn't stand to be left out of playtime, especially his favorite game, tug of war... It was worse than torture for him!

My Fave Game, Dad!

We have a 6 ft. wood fence in backyard, which I recently rebuilt front sides w/gates.
After completing one side, made video of first dog test on new fence with neighbors (2) Great Danes and mixed breed.
Names are Pepper (GD) and Ginger, mixed breed. In video clip, I called them Pepper (crazy large female) and Cinnamon.
But I affectionately call them Nutmeg and Ginger Snap now, as a name memory aid...

Great Dane Dog Test on New Fence

Reactions: melbrod and MMcCown

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
We signed the contract a few days back, aluminum 5ft one. Wait time is 6-7 weeks.
Not surprised - everything is slow this past year. We waited several months for ours

21 - 29 of 29 Posts