Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on going to the Purina National in Mississauga on March 9th. This will be the first show that I go to. I will be going just to see the goings on and to talk to some breeders (as we continue our research in hopes of getting a puppy this year). I need a little help figuring out the schedule and wondered if someone can please help me. It looks to me like there are 21 Dobes being shown at 9:55 am on Friday, March 9th. Is that correct?
http://www.mjnshowservices.com/mjnplists/purinaschedule2012.pdf

So, would that also mean that somewhere near 11:30 am those handlers/breeders may be back in the breeders area where I could walk around and possibly talk to them?

One more thing...should I bring a lawn chair or is there expected to be seating ring side?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I am planning on going to the Purina National in Mississauga on March 9th. This will be the first show that I go to. I will be going just to see the goings on and to talk to some breeders (as we continue our research in hopes of getting a puppy this year). I need a little help figuring out the schedule and wondered if someone can please help me. It looks to me like there are 21 Dobes being shown at 9:55 am on Friday, March 9th. Is that correct?
http://www.mjnshowservices.com/mjnplists/purinaschedule2012.pdf

So, would that also mean that somewhere near 11:30 am those handlers/breeders may be back in the breeders area where I could walk around and possibly talk to them?

One more thing...should I bring a lawn chair or is there expected to be seating ring side?
9:55 a.m. 21 Doberman Pinscher 4-4-9-4

There are 4 class males, 4 class females, 9 male specials and 4 female specials, timed in at 9:55. There is seating (grandstand) and I don't know that you'd want to drag around a chair so i wouldn't worry about that.

Not everyone will have a set up there. There isn't really a "breeders" area to go to. It's just a mix of breeds in the grooming area and small aisleways. Last year was not fun with trying to get your dog out around to the ring, past hordes of people blocking the small aisleways .... You may be best to consider the dogs you like and keep an eye out for where they are heading after they are done showing LOL

No point in talking before the show, of course. Friday has a nice size entry. You should get to see a few different breeders there.
I've got one of the female specials in :) see you there!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts