Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me, or is this puppy's head shaped weird? I didn't notice at first because I don't have much experience with pups. I suppose maybe a question for the pros? Is she going to look odd when she's grown, and does this warrant an exchange of some sort?

What I'm thinking more specifically is that her muzzle and skull look extra long and thin. I don't know how else to describe it, sorry.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
oops, didn't mean thanks....but anyway...

I'm not a "pro" but her head looks fine to me. Where did you get her? If you have concerns you could always talk to her breeder.

Reactions: InertiaWings

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
She's precious. From the angles you've photographed, it's difficult to see her entire head but from what I see, her head shape looks fine. What makes you think it is not a good shape?

Who wrapped her ears? I suggest a different tape and to get someone to maybe help you wrap them.

Who is the breeder?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Are you looking to show her or anything?
I dont think it looks weird atall, but then the photos are probably not the best at what your trying to describe maybe?

I dont know if you could just exchange a pup. Defo seek the breeders advice.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Her head looks fine to me.

You are using way too much tape to wrap her ears. You just need 3 pieces of tape for each ear and 1 long strip for the bridge. There is a sticky of a tutorial on how to wrap the ears. Also, you should be using a tape like Coach or Zonas which is a cloth tape which allows the ear to breathe! :)

Jan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooh dear, I know she has an unnecessary, ridiculous amount of tape on her, lol! I plan on retaping her today, she's all itchy, poor thing! You see, unfortunately it's a backyard kind of thing I got involved with because of someone at work. I just feel like her muzzle is quite long compared to photos of other dobe puppies. I could try to post a head photo when I get home. Maybe I am crazy.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
She looks fine. Her head will change many times between now and maturity. Don't worry about it, she will be just fine. Take heed of the advice about the tape, LOL! Poor thing she must feel like a mummy. :)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
If you THINK you pup has a WEIRD shaped head...it would help, if you posted a non-beautiful photo or two.
- and as they grow and get bigger, their looks change...only for the better.
Your puppy is cute IMO...very cute.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok thats it I will have to post pics of Kahlua so that we can win the oddest shaped dobe head award, she is called the Crocalua with her long snout and she has a narrow head, but you know what...

She is AWESOME even with a funny shaped head, but my girl is a pet not a show or breeding dog, yeah she is not the most beautiful but she has such a lovely soul

unless you want to show and then breed look at the whole package of your pup, not just the head

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It probably is me.. Over thinking because I've never had a pup, but always rescued adults.
Here's her head , anyway:

And I hope I did it a little better with backer rod, but it is my first post:

I'm just being a ninny, I guess. I do think she's off in head shape and color, but she doesn't have to be perfect.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
There were times, as Elka grew up, that it seemed like a different part of her grew per week. Sometimes we had a neck week, or a legs week, or a head week. See how she shapes up!

ETA: oh, we posted at the same time. I don't think her head looks weird, though I'm no expert!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
She looks like a little darling, and look at that zipper...I love zippers!!!

Much, much better job with the posting! Next time make the posts a little longer so you get the tips taped down...good job! :)

Jan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts