Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone give me a average or mean weight for a 8 wk old male puppy?

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Average......

2 months 20 pounds
3 months 30 pounds
4 months 40 pounds
5 months 50 pounds
6 months 60 pounds

and after that if it is a female of standard size....they will slow down, if it is a BIG male...they continue to grow for a couple of more months, and then slow down and broaden.

Petey was only 20 pounds at 10 weeks, and at 7 months 76 pounds. He is expected to be around 100 pounds according to his breeder.

Carol ox

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This pup should fall within the standard and not be oversized. Sorry should have already given that info.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My boy is 14 weeks and was 35lbs yesterday. He is big and broad already, I can't imagine what a manly man he's going to be! Is this puppy home with you yet?
Nope, trying to figure out how I'm going to get him here. Fly or drive.

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Red's weight so far:

10 wks = 22.7 lbs.
11 wks = 25 lbs.
13 wks = 31.7 lbs.
15 wks = 38.8 lbs.
16 wks = 43.2 lbs.
17 wks = 47.6 lbs.

Reactions: LindaH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Average......

2 months 20 pounds
3 months 30 pounds
4 months 40 pounds
5 months 50 pounds
6 months 60 pounds

and after that if it is a female of standard size....they will slow down, if it is a BIG male...they continue to grow for a couple of more months, and then slow down and broaden.

Petey was only 20 pounds at 10 weeks, and at 7 months 76 pounds. He is expected to be around 100 pounds according to his breeder.

Carol ox
I'd agree with these numbers - although for the boys I'd say that the 60 pounds could be hit by 5 months if they are a well boned boy. 75 pounds by 6 months and from 90 to 100 pounds max by 15 to 18 months for a well boned boy in good show weight. Someone posted about a 118 pound male - that dog would not have been in standard unless it was grossly overweight. I can tell you that at 8 weeks and 20 pounds this is the biggest/oldest they can be and still fit (mostly) into the largest size of Sherpa bag to fly "in cabin" with you - any bigger (older) than that and you will not get them in. I did a 12 hour marathon flight this spring with an 8 week 20 pound male and by the last leg of the journey I would have sworn that he had grown some more in transit as it was all I could do to get him in that bag for the last flight!

Deb Anderson ([email protected])

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sherman was 14.5 lbs at 8 weeks. He is now 5 months and 50 lbs.

Reactions: LindaH
1 - 10 of 10 Posts