Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had experience with a female puppy having what the vet called puppy vaginitis? Last visit the vet put her on penicillin, one shot and 10 days prescription. She still has greenish discharge with an odor. One vet said it was normal, the other one that gave us the prescription said is was not normal. I don't know who to believe. Is this something to be concerned about or will she grow out of it? I plan on taking her again next week for her booster shots but until then I am still concerned.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
My girl had that at 4 1/2 months old. I pulled my records (to make sure), they gave her cephalexin for 10 days and I don't think it was quite cleared up as she went on for another week and then was fine. My vet told me too it was pretty common for female pups and not to worry. She's been fine ever since. But she had that smelly green discharge too. Hope that helps!

Lexus

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hi, I have had 2 girl with it. It is very very common. Sometimes it will clear up on its own but most of the time the vet need to put them on MEDS. Good Luck!

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Yes same here with my girl, as everyone has said it took a few weeks after the medication period for it to clear up completley. I wouldnt worry, but if it goes on for say longer than a month after the medication you may want to consider a follow up visit at the Vet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Rotttie had it too... my vet said, it was very common for female pups... But she didnt give me meds, she told me just to clean it with a warm towl... and well, it clearned up! Since Bella's been fixed, we havent had any issues with it...

·
Banned
375 Posts
i have never had that... but my male has some of those problems he has green stuff down there... and i never thought anything of it really... hmmm wonder whats up with that... ill have to check now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts