Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DT Friends,

I have been in the market for a breeder for a few months now, and am waiting on a litter. If things go as I hope, our family will be bringing home a new pup sometime in the Spring.

I wanted to see if y'all had any recommendations for a "puppy kindergarten" trainer. We are not first time dog owners, but it has been ten years since we've raised a puppy. On that occasion, I took our Golden pup to five or six lessons at Petsmart. She was a breeze to train, and I worked with her on moderate level obedience /tricks throughout her life.

Because its been so long since I've raised a puppy, and this being our first Dobe, I'd like to find a puppy training program that is a little more in depth from what we would've get at a local pet store ( not that there's anything wrong with their trainers or programs...don't want to hurt feeling here), and hopefully from someone who has experience working with Dobes and/or working dog breed puppies.

As always, I appreciate any helpful input.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Dancing Dogs is a very good trainer and most of her classes have at less one doberman. My puppy class I had with her had 2 (ok one of them was her puppy). A lot of her puppy class training can be easily move to agility classes. I know of one in Dallas but have to contract someone to get that info and have not used them.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
We train with Mary, too. She has Dobes, so she "gets" them better than other trainers that I have worked with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts