Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duke is almost done with his puppy shots, which means it's time to start looking for a puppy training school. I found one guy that was highly recommended ("The Educated Puppy"), only to find out that he's changed his classes into a boarding school concept for the price of a down payment for a car!

Any red flags I should look out for while I'm researching? Any other suggestions, or helpful links for me to find a reputable puppy training school? Thanks!

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Not in your area, but I've found that the best classes allow playtime. Some allow it before, some after and my favorite place breaks every 20 minutes for potty breaks and play time.

Seems all puppy classes cover sitting, walking on lead, potty training, etc to some extent but the reason I took my dogs was more for socialization with people and other dogs of roughly the same age.

Reactions: Adara and Sinister

·
Registered
9,449 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Look up Atlanta Dog Trainer. I have heard good stuff about them. I took Jaeger to Petsmart Puppy classes but not sure if he or I got much out of it. Just to much going on for a puppy to concentrate plus I had aready started doing the basics with him. Going to dog parks helped too. I take him to Newtown but only during the week and during working hours since it tends to get crazy busy and scary with too many dogs. I found that this helped with his classes and he didn't go crazy when he saw other dogs. We are going to try the Lawrenceville Kennel Club classes next.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I found two local trainers through the posted links. Just need to decide which one would be most suitable for our pup.

llin, if you go to Newtown, you must live very close to us. I wonder if Jeager and Duke are from the same litter since he is also a Pamelot pup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts