Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Loverboy
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have another post on here about jumping/nipping. but I am new to this forum and I just want to make sure it is ok to post more than one thread?

I have a question about toys.
I have a 10 month old Doberman and I have spent over $600 in toys since February 2014 when I got him. I cannot seem to find ANY toy that will last longer than 3-5 minutes. I have tried kong toys, bones, (I am SUPER SUPER careful on what bones to give him so any suggestions would be great). I have also given him tires and a bunch of other toys from various pet shops that say virtually indestructible (prob not the word I am looking for but I hope you know what I mean)

I just cat seem to find a toy that lasts with him. Please note that I supervise ever toy given to him (hence 3-5 mins bc in that short amount of time he destroys them and I don't want him to swallow the pieces)

He does have one kong toy that has lasted about 3 months and I think the only reason it has lasted that long is bc he knows that the kogn peanut butter stuff goes on the inside. Other than that he does have a ball that h plays with outside, and that has somehow managed to last a bout a month.

Are there any toy suggestions out there?? Let me just say that Petco and a couple other pet stores are in love with me bc they know how often I go in to buy new toys.

It is so bad that I am at the point now where I have bought every toy in these pet stores (I don't really mean every toy, what I mean is I have bought every toy that I thought would last him longer than a day) so I am running out of options and I need to find him something he can chew on

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I like this ball because Gretchen can't really grip it with her teeth to tear it up but it's rewarding because they can get treats out of it still. I would get the large one because small ones might be too small and that scares me.

Nina Ottosson Dog Toys Shop - Dog treat Ball "Qulan". Small. Original. Level 1

I didn't get mine off this site and mine looks a little different, but I just picked the first site I found with something similar on it.

·
Loverboy
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I have had one like that.. thought it would be good for mental stimulation... nope, he destroyed it in less than an hour.

It doesn't matter if it plastic or rubber he finds a way to destroy everything!!

·
Snuggle Monster
932 Posts
kwhitehead, do a search on the forum for toys ... I remember seeing a few threads recently asking for indestructible toy suggestions. There were a lot of really good ideas in there. I think the title was "toys that are doberman proof?" or something to that effect.

·
Loverboy
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, I will check that out.

Thank you to all!!

·
Loverboy
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just read that thread and it was very helpful, Thanks to all!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts