Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. My doberman pups tail docking stitches came open. He is not bleeding it looks a bit pink. My question to you is can I use a liquid bandaid to close the remainder of the tail so that it does not leave a scar, or should I put some neosporin and some tape. Really do not want to place more stitches on the puppy. Need Help Please. . .

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
How old is the puppy? Has he been chewing at it? Or has his dam been pulling on it? I'm not too sure about what you should put on it (someone else will chime in I'm sure) but you'll definitely want to know how to prevent it from happening again :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Dam is just doing her job from cleaning the puppy after he eats. The puppy is only 6 days old. He had it done on day 3.

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
I need some advice. My doberman pups tail docking stitches came open. He is not bleeding it looks a bit pink. My question to you is can I use a liquid bandaid to close the remainder of the tail so that it does not leave a scar, or should I put some neosporin and some tape. Really do not want to place more stitches on the puppy. Need Help Please. . .
I would return to the place where the stitches were stitched.

Reactions: Sage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I called the vet today and he said the same thing. I brought them in today and all four pups are doing well. I felt bad that they had to stitch them up again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts