Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Fitzmar Dobermans 
Hi! Welcome to DT from Colorado.

To some extent, puppy size doesn't necessarily mean that he will stay that way as he matures. I mean, the runt of the litter may even outgrow the others as he matures. Your pup looks a bit tubbier than the other puppy 😉 so that may be all you're seeing. They also look a bit younger than 9 weeks in your picture.

But he'll grow into what he'll grow into. And unless you're planning on showing your pup in conformation, you're not likely to see that much of a difference when they are both adult.

He's obviously all doberman, and cute to bat.

Typically a user cannot delete a post; only edit it. If you don't want your text to show, you've done about all you can to get rid of it. We mods can, but it is DT policy not to move a thread out of view unless there are extraordinary reasons for it.

Do you think we could put up something in the place of your original post so the following posts will make sense? Other readers may be interested in the answers that we gave you.

I could put up something like this:
"I just recently got a puppy, but I am concerned that he looks more heavily built than the pictures I've seen of his siblings; he has a thicker and shorter neck for example. Should I worry?"

Or maybe you would like to give me a sentence or two I could enter in place of your original post? There'd be no need to repost your pictures (though we love pictures here.) But whatever I typed in would be under your user name, so if you'd rather not, that's fine too.

At any rate, I hope you stick around; there is a wealth of knowledge here. And you may need every extra bit of advantage you can get over him. LOL Dobes are wicked smart. 😄

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.